Nyu Housing Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeamerM3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got the housing application in mail yesterday.

It also gave me the nyu housing website with pictures of the residence halls.

These are what the dorms look like........

http://www.nyu.edu/housing/residence.halls/26th.street/rooms.html

Housing app. requires another $1000 deposit.

How many of you guys are thinking about dorming?

Members don't see this ad.

I'll probably live in rez for first year at least. It'll give me a chance to get to know people better, and to get to know the city better without having to worry about landlords and stuff. I want a single room for sure though, those bunk bed pictures remind me of summer camp in Grade 4!!!

I noticed that the next closest rez to 26th street is "University Court". It says it has spacious apartments, but I think it's only for undergrads. Anyone know if D1s can get in there as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
another 1,000 deposit, are you ****ting me. gosh, i think i want to open my own dental school, its a gold mine.

Yeah what's w/the bunk bed?! We can't have cordless phones, or toaster ovens?? Why?

Another grand, Sowthpaw you're right we should start our own dental school, to pay for this one!

there u go! you can be one of my first faculty members.

Sowthpaw4 said:
there u go! you can be one of my first faculty members.

Why thank you :) Hey, I just noticed your from LA as well! So you're definitely going to NYU?

as of now, yeah. i know people there, and some former facutly. its a good school. so i'm happy.

I think I want to stay in dorm for the first year too. Do we actually have a choice on the dorm location?? anyone know?

I think we can only stay at 26th street...

Yea, I think I'm going to stay in the dorms for sure next year. Its close and convenient. A little more pricy, but who cares we'll pay it off sooner or later. Does anyone know when the deadline is for the app? I still haven't received mine.

Deadline - Return it as soon as you receive it.
With 1G deposit.

I AM SO CONFUSED about apt. vs. dorms!!

But they are sending out Financial Aid Award letters this week!

So I think I will be able to make up my mind about housing after i get the letter.

punit10 said:
Yea, I think I'm going to stay in the dorms for sure next year. Its close and convenient. A little more pricy, but who cares we'll pay it off sooner or later. Does anyone know when the deadline is for the app? I still haven't received mine.

as someone who's living in the 26th stree dorms....I can answer some questions.

First of all, there are no bunk beds for dental students. You are either assigned to an apt style 2 bedroom or a shared studio.

The bedroom of the apt style are pretty damn big. I was surprised when I first saw it. The kitchen/eating area is small as heck. As for the shared studio, you're living with only one other person.

As for the University court, dental students are not going to be assigned to that.

For those thinking of not taking the dorms, other apts around the school is definitely cheaper than the dorm. The only problem is finding them. Start looking now!!!

furious george, do you know anything about the meal plans? or is anyone planning on getting a meal plan? being a D1, will you even have time to eat at the dining commons?

there are no meal plans for dental students. :) The dinning halls are at the main campus, so it's not convient at all.