NYU housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sk8charlie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all you NYUCD 2009 students:

I was wondering if anyone is on the waitlist to get into the 26th street dorm apts? And if so, what do you think the chances of getting into the dorms are? I just called housing, since I am on the waitlist, and she said that they won't know until the middle to end of August. The problem is is that I am moving in Aug 21st!!!!!!!! So what the hell, should I be freaking out? I really want to stay in the dorms my first year.

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a reason why you prefer the 26th street dorms over any others? Hope you get them.

Dental916 said:
Is there a reason why you prefer the 26th street dorms over any others? Hope you get them.
yeah,the 26th street dorms are the closest to the dental school... for the first year at least, I wanna make life as convenient as possible...

Members don't see this ad :)
i've been assigned to Washington Square Village. Other than it being really far from the dental school, i don't know much about it. Does anyone have an opinion? I'm wondering if I should apply for transfer.

iwik said:
i've been assigned to Washington Square Village. Other than it being really far from the dental school, i don't know much about it. Does anyone have an opinion? I'm wondering if I should apply for transfer.

uhh... it's not really far, it's around 10 or so street blocks, which takes less than 8 minutes to walk.

Manhattan Rocks!!! good luck with your first. ;)

airvent said:
Manhattan Rocks!!! good luck with your first. ;)
Does anyone know if the 26th street dorms are full in capacity?

iwik said:

That is nice, the area is nicer than the 26th street dorms.
You'll learn quickly that the dorms are in a gross area, there are bums, goverment housing nearby and it smells like urine.
I'd stay in Washington Square Village! You'll meet people outside of the dental school too which is nice.

Hi, I am a 23 yr old Male student, very chill, respectable of personal space, friendly and studious looking for someone to lease/share a room with near E. 24th street 1st Ave. I do not have a place to live. Please PM me if your interested in looking for a place together or if you have a place available? I am comming from CA to NY on the 16th of August. Thanks