NYU Interview (HOTELS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sachmo23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just set up an interview with NYU for October, but when i asked them about nearby and cost-effective hotels, they had no idea. I looked in the interview feedback section but I would really like to know where people are looking to stay. A name and number would be fine, and a price quote would be awesome. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

They are all so expensive. You can stay at a hostel if you don't mind sharing a room with 5-11 people and a german guy who 'likes to use his hands'. HAhahaha

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, try the Holiday Inn near JFK (if you are flying into JFK). That is where I am planning to stay. Hotels closer to NYU seemed either creepy, costly or completely booked.

go to the website... http://www.uppereast.com and on the side bar go to hotels. the city is very small and anywhere around midtown east should be close enough. there are no hotels next to NYU but everything in the city is only a 5 min cab ride, 20 min walk away etc.. this website should be helpful.

I'm staying at Hotel 17.
It has good reviews, and the price is reasonable. You have to share bathrooms, but you get your own room. :)

Yep, try the Holiday Inn near JFK (if you are flying into JFK). That is where I am planning to stay. Hotels closer to NYU seemed either creepy, costly or completely booked.

Be sure to give yourself LOTS of time to get into the city if you're staying near the airport.

Be sure to give yourself LOTS of time to get into the city if you're staying near the airport.

I was planning on getting a real early head start and going to NYU by cab. If you are a New Yorker - do you know how long it takes if I started from near JFK at around 6:30 am.

Around 6:30 AM, it should take about a half hour to get to NYU from JFK. I live in Jersey and have driven to JFK and it takes about a half hour from the city. But I would still leave at least an hour, just in case.

I was planning on getting a real early head start and going to NYU by cab. If you are a New Yorker - do you know how long it takes if I started from near JFK at around 6:30 am.

It all depends on how bad traffic is that day. Aim to leave at 6:15, and be prepared to shell out at least $45 for the cab ride.

And just so you don't get anxious- I was about 10 minutes late to my NYU interview and when I got there all flustered the woman at reception told me to relax have some water this happens alot b/c people are unfamiliar with the city etc. And I got in. So you'll be fine.

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm actually flying into La Guardia so I guess the holiday inn is not an option. Also, this is my first time in New York so i want to be close by so I dont run into problems. Also about how much is the cab ride from the airport to the school cause it seems like with traffic it would take a looooong time.

Take a super shuttle from the airport to your hotel, ~$15-20 , stay at hotel 17, its a few blocks from NYu, just walk there. Take super shuttle back to airport 15-20 bucks, fly home, have fun, pray you get in.

LaGuardia is actually closer than JFK, too, which is good for you.