NYU Interview March 19th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kkim85

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had an interview yesterday at NYU.

Overall, it didn't go well...

The guy who interviewed me had no facial expression...

One thing that really bothers me is he told me literally this

"You may not get in this year... Your GPA is good but your DAT scores are too low....(Btw i have 3.7 GPAs, 19TS/19AA/20PA).... please improve your DAT scores if you don't get in this year"

I have feeling that I may not get an acceptance from school......

I thought My DAT scores are good enough... but after hearing from him saying that I need to retake DAT..... I guess 19 is not a good number anymore..

BUT, I had the steak sandwich!!! Man it was good.. LOL

Members don't see this ad.

It's still good enough. Although schools may be looking for something more this late in the game

kkim, if your international (judging by your id, KIM sounds very korean), 19 can't get you in anywhere imo.

Members don't see this ad :)
just out of curiosity, was your interviewer's name Dr. Hittleman?

I am pretty sure they said 19 was their average scores at my interview there. good luck

kkim, if your international (judging by your id, KIM sounds very korean), 19 can't get you in anywhere imo.

Since when does a foreign name mean (s)he is not a US resident? But there are also a lot of Canadians applying too

Honestly, I'm sorry this happened to you. I had this happen the first time I applied at one school and all I could think was .... well why did you invite me for an interview, have me pay $400+ in airfare and hotel costs just to ask me two questions and tell me what I should do when reapplying next year?

Yes, maybe you should retake the DAT but they could have easily relayed that via letter or email.

Good luck with everything else!

I'm guessing we didn't have the same interviewer because I had my interview on Friday as well. My guy didn't say anything about my grades or scores...actually he talked about himself quite a bit..

sorry to hear that - but you never know! always stay positive :)
i was at the interview that day too, i think mine went well overall, but it's one of those things that you just never know.

I wouldn't worry to much. Your grades are high, and your DAT although may not be the highest, they are still good. I don't think NYU is a bad school, although its pricey. So many people who have a higher DAT score than yours plus those grades, are likely interested in paying less.

If I had to guess.. you have a good shot.

"You may not get in this year... Your GPA is good but your DAT scores are too low....(Btw i have 3.7 GPAs, 19TS/19AA/20PA).... please improve your DAT scores if you don't get in this year"

I thought My DAT scores are good enough... but after hearing from him saying that I need to retake DAT..... I guess 19 is not a good number anymore..

I can't believe they said that directly to you. Why did they even invite you for interview if they were gonna reject you right away? Maybe they were testing how you can defend your DAT score.

You got the behavioural psychologist. Many students in my interview session got him as well, and both of them ended up being accepted. So I think you have nothing to worry about.

Let us know if you get accepted!

You got the behavioural psychologist. Many students in my interview session got him as well, and both of them ended up being accepted. So I think you have nothing to worry about.

Let us know if you get accepted!

the behavioural psychologist wasn't in that day..

i think you will probably get in, dont stress too much. keep doing your thing and if it comes sooner than later, it will be a pleasant surprise. my guess is soon.