NYU Interview, My first!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalactor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have my interview on this Friday. Can anyone who has interviewed with NYU before tell me what I should expect? I've heard a few things about NYU from dental students, but I don't really want to trust those sources.
I'm so nervous:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Don't be nervous! The interview is really laid back and the school is amazing! Lunch is really good too =D!

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't be nervous! The interview is really laid back and the school is amazing! Lunch is really good too =D!

i agree the lunch was good and the interview was a piece of cake!!!

I agree as well. Interview was really laid back...it was my first last year as well. Lunch was good too. Enjoy

It is a very low pressure interview. When you get in you have to fill out a form. You only have to include any updates to your AADSAS application. Then you wait till your interviewer calls.

It was more like a conversation than a question and answer session. Once that is done you will get a short presentation followed by tour given by students. The day ends with a free lunch in their cafeteria with a bunch of students - No faculty are present. Good luck!!

I've been to a few dental school interviews so far, and they're not bad at all. Like others have said, the interviews feel more like conversations than job interviews. As long as you have confidence in yourself and know why you want to pursue a career in dentistry, you'll be fine. You've made it this far in the application process, and in my opinion, the interview is the easiest part.

I'll be at NYU for an interview on Friday, too. Maybe I'll see you there!

I'll be at NYU for an interview on Friday, too. Maybe I'll see you there!

cool, best of luck to you! How're you getting to the school? my friend lives in LongIsland and we have to leave a couple of hours in advance if I'm to make it there by 8:00

Thanks for the advice guys

I see those interviewees coming through and remember my own almost a year ago. It is a pretty laid back interview for the most part. There is one infamous interviewer, a pscyhiatrist I think, not a dentist, who is known for harrassing interviewees.

There are many faculty sitting all around you in the cafeteria but you probably won't be introduced. They are on their lunch break. If you see some students in the cafe. sitting in groups with their laptops open they are certainly 1st years. We have a dual anatomy/biochem midterm on monday and a complete dentition dental anatomy quiz that day too so most people will probably study through lunch. I'm sure they would be happy to field some questions if you feel like approaching them.

It is a big school and has a big presence in the city. I am loving it so far, no regrets. Good luck on your interviews.

Yeah, it's a great place. If you're interested in doing anything you can find it here. NYU was my favorite, easiest, and most informative interview last year and I'm psyched to be here. PM if you have any questions.

Mack