NYU interview question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s0300387

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,everyone
Does anyone know when will interview end?
I am planning to leave around 3 PM. Besides, does anyone know a good place to stay, because I want to choose a place close to school or subway.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

First: The interview itself is very early in the morning, so get there 45 min before you have to (7:15-ish). After that, it is all tours and then lunch. I was done right around 1:30

Second: I stayed at Hotel 17. Its a cheap hotel compared to how expensive the area around it is. However, it was close, to both subway and the school (10 min walk to the campus), so even with the lower quality, it was worth it.

Hope this helps

I didn't stay in a hotel because I am close to the school. But I agree with Bereno; get there early (I got to the school around 7:20 and my interview started around 7:30). After everyone is interviewed, the Q&A, Financial Aid presentations are next. Then, it the tour of the school and then finally, lunch. I think the time depends on how many students are interviewing but majority of the time, you'll be done around 1-1:30 (I was done at 1:00).

Hope this helps! good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you all mind sharing what your interview was like ?

Thanks for all good information.I really appreciate it. Sorry for the delay response, because I just went to WesternU interview from Friday and just came back.

By the way,does anyone can give some hint on which direction I need to take subway to NYU. Because I have never been to New York and driving in NY is a bad idea I think.

Thanks in advance.

Ours was done early like 12:30-1pm

Thanks for all good information.I really appreciate it. Sorry for the delay response, because I just went to WesternU interview from Friday and just came back.

By the way,does anyone can give some hint on which direction I need to take subway to NYU. Because I have never been to New York and driving in NY is a bad idea I think.

Thanks in advance.

hey man use google maps to show you how to get to NYU from your desired location (select the train option) and the directions are awesome.

That's pretty cool that you'll be done early so you have the whole afternoon to hang out in the city (check out Soho, Village, Met museum, MoMA, Union Square, Times Square, Central Park, Scores gentleman's club, etc.). I recommend getting a slice of pizza at Joe's (West 4th & 6th Ave). Great stuff.