NYU Langone Peds Residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

princeafrica

Endo Resident
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a friend considering applying to NYU Langone peds programs. She says she has heard they don’t have a good reputation? Can someone shed light to this or how are the programs?

Members don't see this ad.

Didn't attend a NYU peds program but had friends that did. The quality of the training varies from site to site since they all have different program directors. It's like getting drafted into the NBA team. You could be on a playoff team or struggling to break .500 all season.

However, they typically pay a higher stipend and that comes from giving you a lot of patients to see. Trade off is that the didactic coursework happens via zoom conferencing (pre-covid too). Can't really recall which programs were popular in my day (I think Tampa, Tucson and somewhere in Washington state?).

NYU-Hawaii sounded great too, you get to rotate through all the islands or something along those lines.

Reactions: 1 users
Didn't attend an NYU peds program, but am finishing up an NYU Langone AEGD program. Yes, the quality will vary greatly, I would do a ton of research and reach out to the ones your friend is interested in before applying. For example, our site doesn't have a hygienist and we work every other Saturday as opposed to some other sites who have a 4 day workweek. Also, I imagine our didactics are the same as for their peds programs? Ours are all pre-recorded videos with quizzes at the end (that you can retake as many times as you need to get 100%)

Reactions: 1 user