NYU Lutheran Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jpark9fan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any current Lutheran Medical Center residents at any of their programs care to comment on the recent purchase by NYU? I see that they've cut all of their Brooklyn programs and their endo, perio and orofacial pain residencies. I have a few friends at two different LMC residencies right now who say that their budgets have been tightened ever since the purchase and that they haven't been able to order as much as they have in the past. They also mentioned rumors about their contracts changing and being worried about having to pay for tuition in the future. Has anyone else been having the same problems or heard the same rumors?

Members don't see this ad.

Strange, looks like they cut the pedo,endo,perio, and orofacial pain programs in Brooklyn. The orthodontic program just opened there and now it's the only one left? Very strange situation

I'm interviewing at LMCs GPR program in NYC, or I guess the NYU program now? I haven't heard anything about this but would really like any information regarding this topic as well. Thanks

Any current Lutheran Medical Center residents at any of their programs care to comment on the recent purchase by NYU? I see that they've cut all of their Brooklyn programs and their endo, perio and orofacial pain residencies. I have a few friends at two different LMC residencies right now who say that their budgets have been tightened ever since the purchase and that they haven't been able to order as much as they have in the past. They also mentioned rumors about their contracts changing and being worried about having to pay for tuition in the future. Has anyone else been having the same problems or heard the same rumors?
--------
Well! That is not completely right! I am a resident at NYU Lutheran and obviously they did not change the contracts or cut down the budgets. Dr. Kane, the Lutheran program director announced long time ago about the fact that due to some legal issues related to NY City, NYU can not have two separate programs at the same time in Brooklyn. I also think this is just for Pedo. At least I am sure about Ortho that they will continue getting residents.