NYU new requirements?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teeth2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying for the 2008 cycle and was researching schools and when I was looking up NYU, their website lists the min. requirements for admission. I was a little surprised by one of them where it says that consideration will be given to students with a GPA of a 3.5. That just seems to be high to be a cutoff.

I've only been a SDN member for the last couple of weeks but reading through the threads and predents, it seems that many students have gotten into NYU with a gpa of less than a 3.5. I'm not exactly sure what the avg gpa was last year but wasn't it somewhere around 3.2? Is this a new requirement since admission is getting more competitive or does it mean that those with a 3.5 are automatically given an interview based solely on grades while other applicants are thoroughly reviewed? Thanks in advance.

http://www.nyu.edu/dental/academicprograms/dds/requirements.html

Members don't see this ad.

Holy $hit. Are you that stupid. Can you not read???

No dental school for you!

Just in case you can't read, 3.5 is for people without degrees

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for calling me stupid...way to be mature about things. I was just trying to figure things out since I found it a little surprising.

Sometimes I wish I knew the faces behind these screen-names.

I read it pretty quick and thought the same thing. People on this site just need to prove how "smart" they are. It a common mistake any one coulda made. Don't sweat it...

Mistakes . . . they happen.

I'm sure you were just freaked out when you saw the 3.5 and only had tunnel vision after that.

Think of it this way, you were smart enough to know that it's wise to research schools . . . which is above and beyond what some sdn posters do!

So I say "good for you" that you're at least making an effort to be informed!