NYU or Georgetown Post-Bac?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BeantownMed

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Currently weighing my options here for a Summer 2015 start and any feedback or firsthand experience would be much appreciated! I visited NYU this week and met with an advisor--I was very impressed with the program overall, but am very hesitant regarding the overall timeline for the NYU post-bac (24 months vs. 12-15 months for Georgetown and most others I've looked at). The NYU linkages sound very attractive, but would not make or break my decision necessarily. I haven't found a wealth of information on Georgetown's program, only threads from 2008 and earlier.
 
Currently weighing my options here for a Summer 2015 start and any feedback or firsthand experience would be much appreciated! I visited NYU this week and met with an advisor--I was very impressed with the program overall, but am very hesitant regarding the overall timeline for the NYU post-bac (24 months vs. 12-15 months for Georgetown and most others I've looked at). The NYU linkages sound very attractive, but would not make or break my decision necessarily. I haven't found a wealth of information on Georgetown's program, only threads from 2008 and earlier.
I applied to the Georgetown program to start in the Fall. fingers crossed!