NYU Pre Dec Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentene ice

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN

I have an interview at NYU on the 30th of October.

I was wondering if anyone who experienced the interview could somehow give me a break down of how the day goes.

I was also wondering what my chances were like of getting into NYU with a pre-dec interview (a few figures posted on SDN have indicated that everyone who interviews more or less gets an acceptance??) I don't really buy this, please feel free to clarify.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

just realized a thread below mine deals with a similar issue...

I would still like to know how the day breaks down

thanks again

You interview right at 8 when you get there. They have some coffee and food laid out for you. You will be in a group of around 15 and it takes approximately an hour and a half to get through everyone. Interview is pretty relaxing. They will ask you questions, but try and keep a fluent conversation so it isn't like an interview, but an inquiry about who you are. After the interviews you will meet with the dean as a group for like 20 min. Then you will have a 30- an hour QA with Dr. Meija and some students (not sure how to spell her name) really cool though. Then a tour, then lunch. You will be done between 1 and 2. Enjoy, great school. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
You interview right at 8 when you get there. They have some coffee and food laid out for you. You will be in a group of around 15 and it takes approximately an hour and a half to get through everyone. Interview is pretty relaxing. They will ask you questions, but try and keep a fluent conversation so it isn't like an interview, but an inquiry about who you are. After the interviews you will meet with the dean as a group for like 20 min. Then you will have a 30- an hour QA with Dr. Meija and some students (not sure how to spell her name) really cool though. Then a tour, then lunch. You will be done between 1 and 2. Enjoy, great school. :thumbup:

Ooo so interview first thing? I like that a lot better than dragging it thru the day.. :thumbup:

Yea, it was a little surprising, but the rest of the day was really relaxing and enjoyable.

So, is it a group interview at NYU? I thought it was 1 on 1...I am just wondering even if I never heard back from them :(

sounds great!

i was curious if you brought a family member along, and if it can work against you?

Obviously not for the interview, but I guess for the rest of the day?

No, 1 on 1. I meant they as in the collective interviewers. Sorry about that

I went alone, but a girl in my group brought her Dad. He just chilled while we all interviewed and walked around with us the whole time. They are very welcoming to family members or so it seemed. I really don't think it would hurt you

hey i was wondering what the chances were for Colombia's predec interviews? (sorry it's a bit off topic)
percentage wise, is it about 75%?