NYU pre med Transfer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StinaM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Stina I will be studying abroad for a semester and I wanted to know how hard it was to transfer in to NYU as a pre med student. I've been told so many things so I came here for some additional advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Transfer acceptance rate for NYU ~20-25%, and will vary depending on which college/major you want to go to; so it can be rather competitive. Being pre-med won't really matter, but it is important to have a good reason for transferring and have a solid "story" behind that decision. That is, why are you looking to transfer and how can NYU specifically get you to where you want to be?

Make sure to check all the requirements that NYU has before transferring. And I recommend you have some back up options as well, as there is never any guarantee.

Source: http://transferweb.com/stats/transfer-acceptance-rates/#.Ve0izXgfllI; this site is useful in general if you want to get more information on transferring, much more so than SDN. Many of my friends who transferred said that it helped.

Also don't give your real name on this forum.

Reactions: 1 user