• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

Mackchops

Toothy grin
15+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2003
San Antonio
www.uthscsa.edu
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
So I'm pretty psyched about getting some reading material in the mail, but one of the things in there that bugs me a little is the computer requirements. I knew that they required a computer (and YAY that they're letting me bring a mac -- can't wait until leopard comes out!), but I didn't know about the pda. They seem excessive and unnecessary. Current NYU students, do you guys actually use these things? If I'm getting one, I might as well get a smartphone -- wish the iphone was coming out CDMA though... sigh.

Rambling on,
Mack

drdoodle

10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I've heard good things about the Dell Axim, but rumor has it that Dell may be getting out of the PDA market in the future. Should I still look into it?

JeanetteYu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 4, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
So I'm pretty psyched about getting some reading material in the mail, but one of the things in there that bugs me a little is the computer requirements. I knew that they required a computer (and YAY that they're letting me bring a mac -- can't wait until leopard comes out!), but I didn't know about the pda. They seem excessive and unnecessary. Current NYU students, do you guys actually use these things? If I'm getting one, I might as well get a smartphone -- wish the iphone was coming out CDMA though... sigh.

Rambling on,
Mack

I was shocked to find out that NYU wants their students to get PDAs too. I wonder what theyre gonna have the students use it for? Oh and I heard the first generation iphones aren't going to be so great.

About the Ads

mmasurf

10+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
i also wonder the same thing you need one when your also required to carry a laptop. Now pda's suck when it comes to medical software but they have a great battery life. one thing is if your getting a pda you might as well get a treo phone that way u dont need to carry a phone, pda, laptop, and does anyone know if they give lockers to students in nyu? thx

dentalwannabee

busy bee
10+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I don't know why you nerds keep talking about computers, but if a school requires public displays of affection, sign me up (provided they can also find me a really hot new york guy) !!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:;);)

Drill2Fill

DentalStudentWannabe
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2006
Tejas
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
What are the PDAs used for? I know it may be helpful when you start clinics, but why require one so early.

gel1681

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
i use my pda to listen to music on the way to school... thats about it..
although they say we'll be using it next year for the epocrates program...
some people also download their schedule in it since the class's labs and conferences are split up, but i just memorize when and where...

and yeah, we get 2 lockers- one right next to the lab we work in for our instruments and another one somewhere in the building for coats/bags- although freshmen get real skinny lockers that barely fit a bookbag...

kjheller

MGOBLUE
10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
i have a friend who is a d1 at nyu...told me to get the treo...says its great having ur schedule in ur phone since it changes on a daily basis...als its used later to upload different documents and things when in clinic

drdoodle

10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
What about a Blackberry? Pros/cons? I know nothing about PDAs, so I'm just tossing this out there for discussion.

kjheller

MGOBLUE
10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
700 =p has the palm os...the 700 =w is windows and it says on the website to contact the tech office if u have the 700w

uvaGirL07

10+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
i wanna go to nyu but pdas scare me. and i'm an engineer. haha how sad... just never got around to using one hehe :laugh:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.