NYU requirement!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jobe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it true that you need at least 3.5 GPA in order to apply to NYU???
3.5 is a requirement..?

Here is the requirements for admission that I found on NYU admission website.

http://www.nyu.edu/dental/bulletin/admission.html

Admission

Requirements for Admission
All students applying to the New York University College of Dentistry must meet the minimum requirements as follows:
  1. <LI class=contentint>A bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. or Canadian college or university, including all prerequisite courses. Consideration will be given to students with at least a G.P.A. of 3.5 who have completed 90 credits (including all prerequisite courses) at an accredited college or university.
  2. The following minimum prerequisite course requirements must be

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it true that you need at least 3.5 GPA in order to apply to NYU???
3.5 is a requirement..?

Here is the requirements for admission that I found on NYU admission website.

http://www.nyu.edu/dental/bulletin/admission.html

Admission

Requirements for Admission
All students applying to the New York University College of Dentistry must meet the minimum requirements as follows:
  1. <LI class=contentint>A bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. or Canadian college or university, including all prerequisite courses. Consideration will be given to students with at least a G.P.A. of 3.5 who have completed 90 credits (including all prerequisite courses) at an accredited college or university.
  2. The following minimum prerequisite course requirements must be

No, it's just saying that if you completed 2 years of college, including all pre-reqs, and have a GPA above 3.5, they will consider your application. If you have a bachelor's, you do not need to be over 3.5.

No, it's just saying that if you completed 2 years of college, including all pre-reqs, and have a GPA above 3.5, they will consider your application. If you have a bachelor's, you do not need to be over 3.5.

I don't have a BS degree right now..
I will graduate in May of next year.
And I am applying this summer with GPA of 3.46

I don't have a BS degree right now..
I will graduate in May of next year.
And I am applying this summer with GPA of 3.46

Yeah...and if you get accepted, it will be by next summer.

Actually, guys...the way I'm reading it....I think it's saying that you MUST have at least a 3.5

I won't receive my bachelors degree until next spring, and I only have a 3.3...does this mean I can't apply to NYU this cycle?