NYU Sackler Summer Research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDAD

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you have applied to this program. If you did, have you heard anything back yet? The application says they will let us know if we were accepted by March 4 2004. That's tomorrow!!!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I participated in the NYU Sackler SURP program last summer. It was an awesome experience. If you have any specific questions pm me.

Thanks for the reply. If I get in, I will definitely be looking for you and your info.

Did anyone else apply or attend this program?

Also, has no one heard a decision yet? (for 2004)

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied here. I'm sitting by my computer...waiting for a reply. Hope, I'll let u know if anything happens!

I don't know about you, but I haven't heard anything.

It's cool though. This was the first of many, and I am an international student, so the chances of me getting in are almost zero.

I wish you luck.

Nope...No dice for me...but I got into the Mayo clinic's SURP program and I kind of preferred that place anyway. Oh well, I wish you sincere luck in applying!

Sincerely,
Brian

How were you told? I still haven't heard anything?

And when/how did you find out about mayo? I also applied to that one.

Thanks

I got an email on Tuesday from what looks to be my mentor. He told me I was in and that needed my confirmation that I was going to enter the program. The next day, i got an email from Glenda Mueller, the program coordinator, regarding the acceptance and housing options.

Good luck...I hope you get into a summer program you like!!!

Sincerely,
Brian L. Appavu

Do they mostly look at your GPA for these programs? what is there average if so?

I have absolutely no idea what these guys look for. I have a 4.89 GPA (out of 5). I don't know if that makes a difference or if they are looking for people with ok gpa's with other great credentials. I've been on two research projects so far, which helps, but I go to a public state college, which, as far as competitive programs go, does hurt. They say they look at certain things, but you never know what they are really looking at.

This is the way I take it...If they know your competency and accept you, be thankful for the opportunity and make the most out of it. If they don't accept you, hell, its there loss. if you keep trying, someone will be bound to recognize you and u'll get your chance to make something out of it. Sure its hard to think that way after rejection, but you got to keep your pride and confidence up, 'cause that's when you make things happen.

Anyhow..good luck man. Best to you!

Brian

Brian,

How did you find out about NYU?

I called them today, and they told me I would find out today by email. I never got any email.

Haha..it was really hard finding this thread but i'm reviving it..Jarrod, I haven't heard anything yet, I called and they said that the professors still have to look at my application but it was in the "high" category (they sort the appls into high, medium, and low, and reject0...whatever that means..But if people are getting accepted already that doesn't bode well! Anyways, PM me if you hear anything new..