NYU Scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ecrdoubles15

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, has anyone else received scholarships to NYU. they just offered my $100,000 for 4 years. i find it cool, but wierd cause my stats arent as high as others. anyone else get one? let me know. laters.

Members don't see this ad.

wow i so wish i were u right now . :rolleyes:

Dentist 2 be said:
wow i so wish i were u right now . :rolleyes:

Right??!?!!?

I'd like to take a moment to second that.

Congratulations :)

Members don't see this ad :)
BeachLuvr said:
Right??!?!!?

I'd like to take a moment to second that.

Congratulations :)

thanks guys, but i turned it down. if you do the math, NYU would just turn out to be the same amount as other schools. also, NYU was the only school I actually HATED. so far it looks like michigan. I dont want to go to a nursing school anyway, lol. but good luck to you all maybe they will give my scholarship to someone else. laters

ecrdoubles15 said:
hey, has anyone else received scholarships to NYU. they just offered my $100,000 for 4 years. i find it cool, but wierd cause my stats arent as high as others. anyone else get one? let me know. laters.
Great :thumbup:
Lucky you!!!
Would you mind sharing your stats with us?
When did you hear from them?
Thanks

they actually sent it to me in december, but i just came back from winter break. my stats are:

3.05 overall
2.97 science
20/19/17

but according to NYU, since i go to UC Berkeley and they know how hard and competitive it is (especially being #1 now), they said that my stats are considered much more higher. so according to them, undergraduate school does matter for all you guys out there that have a low GPA becasue they go to a hard school. so stay in there! anyways, good luck you all. laters

Hey, I have similar stats to yours and went to UVA (#1 for the past 7 years or so) and am kinda late in the game b/c I just took my DATs a few weeks ago. I applied to NYU and am waiting to hear from them but I hear they are swamped with apps. What do you think my chances are?
2.9 gpa 23/20/19. Thanks.

ecrdoubles15 said:
they actually sent it to me in december, but i just came back from winter break. my stats are:

3.05 overall
2.97 science
20/19/17

but according to NYU, since i go to UC Berkeley and they know how hard and competitive it is (especially being #1 now), they said that my stats are considered much more higher. so according to them, undergraduate school does matter for all you guys out there that have a low GPA becasue they go to a hard school. so stay in there! anyways, good luck you all. laters

Pevi said:
Hey, I have similar stats to yours and went to UVA (#1 for the past 7 years or so) and am kinda late in the game b/c I just took my DATs a few weeks ago. I applied to NYU and am waiting to hear from them but I hear they are swamped with apps. What do you think my chances are?
2.9 gpa 23/20/19. Thanks.

personally i dont know why people apply so late. i say apply for next year and have more choices. i dont know that much about UVA, all i know is that Berkeley is #1 in the world at this moment. good luck

Can't believe those two words. I have friends who got rejected from UMD-College Park and went to UVA. The rankings don't mean anything.

For your thing with NYU, I didn't send out my deposit so you have my spot.

first of all rankings do mean something, alot actually. anyways i never heard of UVA being a top school. think about it. would a dental school want a 3.0 from harvard or a 3.5 from a no namer. come on now. even the admission admitted this so you cant argue against it. laters

from the University of Miami medical school:

"I went to an Ivy League School. Does that increase my chances of being accepted? It is far more important how you did in your studies than where you went to school. Attending a well-known, big-name school does not confer any significant advantage."

Brocnizer2007 said:
from the University of Miami medical school:

"I went to an Ivy League School. Does that increase my chances of being accepted? It is far more important how you did in your studies than where you went to school. Attending a well-known, big-name school does not confer any significant advantage."

that is purey bs. i hate when peopel sugar coat things. of course if you are from a no namer you got to do well. but if you come from a more well-known school, then you have it a little easier. its a known fact. how can you doubt that if the dental school i interviewed with said that. im jsut stating the facts. laters

hahaha wow, if you've never heard of UVA, then you haven't done your research. most probably cuz you're on the west coast. Uva is clearly on the east coast and is known as the public ivy. but just do your research and you'll find out about uva being at top. and if you did know your rankings, you'd know that UVa is tied for 2nd right now.

and rankings do matter but realize there are a bunch of things that contribute to it, i.e. how much students give back in terms of money, so it's not all about being at the school with the best education or most intelligent students. sounds like that's what you're hung up on. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Pevi said:
hahaha wow, if you've never heard of UVA, then you haven't done your research. most probably cuz you're on the west coast. Uva is clearly on the east coast and is known as the public ivy. but just do your research and you'll find out about uva being at top. and if you did know your rankings, you'd know that UVa is tied for 2nd right now.

and rankings do matter but realize there are a bunch of things that contribute to it, i.e. how much students give back in terms of money, so it's not all about being at the school with the best education or most intelligent students. sounds like that's what you're hung up on. :laugh:

i do know what UVA is cause my dad is from there. you are thinking that it is #2 for the public rankings, this doesnt say that much. Berkeley is #1 in public and in the world according to the world ranking committee that was jsut announced. anyway, i am just saying that UVA is not like another Berkeley, Harvard, Yale, etc. It is probably good but not good enough. laters. and i know other things do matter but the point i was making is that just by going to harvard, berkeley, etc, you are a highly considered applicant no matter what. laters

ecrdoubles15 said:
i do know what UVA is cause my dad is from there. you are thinking that it is #2 for the public rankings, this doesnt say that much. Berkeley is #1 in public and in the world according to the world ranking committee that was jsut announced. anyway, i am just saying that UVA is not like another Berkeley, Harvard, Yale, etc. It is probably good but not good enough. laters. and i know other things do matter but the point i was making is that just by going to harvard, berkeley, etc, you are a highly considered applicant no matter what. laters

Yes, Berkely was ranked over Harvard, Oxford, UPenn, Yale, Columbia, Brown, Cornell, Duke, and Princeton, according to the world ranking committee that was just announced. Everything you have said is completely 100% accurate and backed up with the most credible resources. LATERS!!!!!

ediddly said:
Yes, Berkely was ranked over Harvard, Oxford, UPenn, Yale, Columbia, Brown, Cornell, Duke, and Princeton, according to the world ranking committee that was just announced. Everything you have said is completely 100% accurate and backed up with the most credible resources. LATERS!!!!!

thanks man. everyone on this SDN is so ignorant and now finally someone can second me. YOU HEAR THAT EVERYONE! now you have nothing to say! hey bro do you by chance have the website for the info. thanks. laters

ecrdoubles15 said:

3.05 overall
2.97 science
20/19/17

Wow that is amazing. Now I only went to Northern Arizona University and got a 3.1 overall and a 3.2 or so science. I graduated in 1995 and just recently took the Dat and got a 24/22/21. Perhaps NAU should be ranked higher due to the retention that I had and the results on the DAT. You would think that going to the best school in the world and getting almost a 3.0 (probably like a 4.5 at NAU) you could have pulled off some slightly better DAT scores. Congrats on the scholarship and good luck in Dental School. I just wanted to start a little ****.

TucsonDDS said:
Wow that is amazing. Now I only went to Northern Arizona University and got a 3.1 overall and a 3.2 or so science. I graduated in 1995 and just recently took the Dat and got a 24/22/21. Perhaps NAU should be ranked higher due to the retention that I had and the results on the DAT. You would think that going to the best school in the world and getting almost a 3.0 (probably like a 4.5 at NAU) you could have pulled off some slightly better DAT scores. Congrats on the scholarship and good luck in Dental School. I just wanted to start a little ****.

first of all, i didnt even study for the DAT, just skimmed throught the night before. I knew i just had to pull a 3.0 at berkeley and at least 20 academic and i would get into a great dental school and i did. hello man that $100,000 scholarship says enough. more than i can say for you. lol. see i also like talking sh** especially when i know im worth it. dont try to top me man, i got hat tricks. trust me. lol. laters

ecrdoubles15 said:
first of all, i didnt even study for the DAT, just skimmed throught the night before. I knew i just had to pull a 3.0 at berkeley and at least 20 academic and i would get into a great dental school and i did. hello man that $100,000 scholarship says enough. more than i can say for you. lol. see i also like talking sh** especially when i know im worth it. dont try to top me man, i got hat tricks. trust me. lol. laters

Well I guess we all know you are full of **** then.

"i just studied less than a month or so. just the science and PAT part. only about 2 hours a day 4 times a week. its not a big deal, whatever. laters"

Granted it still isn't much but it is a hell of a lot more than just skimming through it the night before. Hell, as far as we know you studied 10x that. As far as the "I knew I just had to pull a 3.0" sounds like you are an underacheiver and didn't contribute much to making Berkely #1. Laters

ediddly said:

Yo, I'd rather have a 3.5 from any of those other schools over Berkely. Regardless of those rankings, people still recognize the other schools as having a greater reputation, and there are no schools beating that. Bottom line.

I worked with a Doc once who all he could talk about was how he got his MD from Harvard. Harvard this, Harvard that. The guy was a total deuchebag. One time he tried to poke a little girl seven times for an intraosseous IV in the same tibia (you are only supposed to poke one in each leg) and never got the line. He butchered just about every patient that came through the door. The ER nurse poked her once in the arm and got it. The sad part was the mom saying, "you know he is such a great doctor, he went to Harvard" So I guess schools that are seen as prestigious by the general public still put out crappy practioners.

TucsonDDS said:

hey, whoever says that they would rather have a 3.5 from a no namer than a 3.0 from harvard or berkeley, etc, then they are stupid. anyways berkeley is #1 and that guy obviously backed it up. it was announced sometime in december and those US rankings are done way before that. so get off my back already. you know im right. dont hate cause i got more and better offers than you. now if you want to go into looks, extracurriculars, and other things besides dental dont try it cause im probably the most well-rounded student in here. so see yah sucka. lol. laters

ecrdoubles15 said:
hey, whoever says that they would rather have a 3.5 from a no namer than a 3.0 from harvard or berkeley, etc, then they are stupid. anyways berkeley is #1 and that guy obviously backed it up. it was announced sometime in december and those US rankings are done way before that. so get off my back already. you know im right. dont hate cause i got more and better offers than you. now if you want to go into looks, extracurriculars, and other things besides dental dont try it cause im probably the most well-rounded student in here. so see yah sucka. lol. laters

Is this 'genius' forreal? I lurk on these forums,but I shall make an appearance just to counter the babble you are continously spewing forth. Get over yourself. It's great that you got accepted,now quit the "i'm the best garbage" and grow up. Remember that there is ALWAYS better than you,than me,than anyone else on here. You need to learn some humility.

plazaday said:
Is this 'genius' forreal? I lurk on these forums,but I shall make an appearance just to counter the babble you are continously spewing forth. Get over yourself. It's great that you got accepted,now quit the "i'm the best garbage" and grow up. Remember that there is ALWAYS better than you,than me,than anyone else on here. You need to learn some humility.

first of all its just between me and tuscon, we are just having a friendly battle. and plus i dont just stand back when someone judges me and makes wrong accusations. anyways, tuscon i think our conversation is over because i just found out that you are a 31 year old male nurse that is going to buffalo. There is nothing you can say to beat that. Thats low! lol. laters

ecrdoubles15 said:
first of all its just between me and tuscon, we are just having a friendly battle. and plus i dont just stand back when someone judges me and makes wrong accusations. anyways, tuscon i think our conversation is over because i just found out that you are a 31 year old male nurse that is going to buffalo. There is nothing you can say to beat that. Thats low! lol. laters

and youre probably some thirteen year old prepubescent kid who thinks its funny to troll around on these forums. whats wrong with being a male nurse?

plazaday said:
and youre probably some thirteen year old prepubescent kid who thinks its funny to troll around on these forums. whats wrong with being a male nurse?

im not going to start with you. and im 21. laters

wow, i sure do feel sorry for the school that mr. berkeley man is going to. who would want someone like that. enough of talkin ISH...go do something productive with your life and stop offending others. dentistry isnt' about who goes to the best school or has top scores. if you had a 4.0 and 99th percentile from berkley, then you'd be warranted to talk. otherwise, do us all a favor and keep it to yourself.
LATERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :laugh:

Pevi said:
wow, i sure do feel sorry for the school that mr. berkeley man is going to. who would want someone like that. enough of talkin ISH...go do something productive with your life and stop offending others. dentistry isnt' about who goes to the best school or has top scores. if you had a 4.0 and 99th percentile from berkley, then you'd be warranted to talk. otherwise, do us all a favor and keep it to yourself.
LATERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :laugh:

ok bud dont try to put me down to make yourself better abotu not getting into a good school. anyway, good try. mayeb you can come back with something better. laters

ecrdoubles15 said:

:eek: how mean are u?! i'm sure its ur and tucson's battle but its really not nice to say that about male nurses! oh and i cracked up when i read that u just 'skimmed' for the DAT! only if i were as intelligent as u :rolleyes: oh oh, maybe i AM, since i have a 3.4 and u have a 3.05! it really doesn't make a difference if ur from berkely..it just shows how careless you are to have that kind of a gpa...EVEN if u go to berkely! if all of y'all have gpa's like that..HOW in the world is it #1?

Ind201 said:
:eek: how mean are u?! i'm sure its ur and tucson's battle but its really not nice to say that about male nurses! oh and i cracked up when i read that u just 'skimmed' for the DAT! only if i were as intelligent as u :rolleyes: oh oh, maybe i AM, since i have a 3.4 and u have a 3.05! it really doesn't make a difference if ur from berkely..it just shows how careless you are to have that kind of a gpa...EVEN if u go to berkely! if all of y'all have gpa's like that..HOW in the world is it #1?

first of all man, unless you went to harvard, then you dont know how hard berkeley it. dont even think about trying to beat me man. im so well rounded you dont want to compare. good try again. but come back with something better. sorry man. laters

Took a day off the boards so I thought I would check up on our friend here. I don't think that ECR could honestly believe what he is saying because if his attitude came across at all I couldn't believe anybody would accept him. I also hope that his attitude changes quite a bit before he ever has a chance to work on a patient. Its the jackasses like this that give other dentists, doctors, lawyers, cops and just about any other profession bad press. As far as being a 31 year old male nurse, I am proud of the person who I have become, I am proud of my the family that I have and the way that I support them. When some little punk b*tch 21 year old thinks that they are gods gift to mankind I think that they are in for a very rude awakening when they get into the real world, start paying real taxes while they support themselves and their family (assuming that they ever find someone to marry their sorry ass) and start dealing with people. I seriously doubt if your life experiences can match mine, I know for a fact that your DAT can't match mine, and for that matter even your gpa can't match mine (which is actually quite pathetic considering my 3.1) so I can only assume that you do probably have some pretty decent extracurriculars or some strong letters of recommendation, or a Daddy, Uncle, whatever that gave you an "in". Or perhaps you really played up on the race card in your essay. I don't know what you did to get into school but good luck once you are there, don't piss off any of your instructors. Good luck in your career.

TucsonDDS said:
Took a day off the boards so I thought I would check up on our friend here. I don't think that ECR could honestly believe what he is saying because if his attitude came across at all I couldn't believe anybody would accept him. I also hope that his attitude changes quite a bit before he ever has a chance to work on a patient. Its the jackasses like this that give other dentists, doctors, lawyers, cops and just about any other profession bad press. As far as being a 31 year old male nurse, I am proud of the person who I have become, I am proud of my the family that I have and the way that I support them. When some little punk b*tch 21 year old thinks that they are gods gift to mankind I think that they are in for a very rude awakening when they get into the real world, start paying real taxes while they support themselves and their family (assuming that they ever find someone to marry their sorry ass) and start dealing with people. I seriously doubt if your life experiences can match mine, I know for a fact that your DAT can't match mine, and for that matter even your gpa can't match mine (which is actually quite pathetic considering my 3.1) so I can only assume that you do probably have some pretty decent extracurriculars or some strong letters of recommendation, or a Daddy, Uncle, whatever that gave you an "in". Or perhaps you really played up on the race card in your essay. I don't know what you did to get into school but good luck once you are there, don't piss off any of your instructors. Good luck in your career.

first of all if you met me without knowing i was saying this stuff, you an i would probabbly hit it off just becasue i am the most genuine guy there is. but if someone like you just questions my standings when i am just trying to help someone, then i am not going to just take it. and no one in my family is a doctor or dentist so i have no help, like most people do. my stats are just remarkable. and trust me when i say that no one has ever disliked me in person. so dont juge my character because you dont know me. your 31 yet you are on this forum talking bad about a 21, how mature is that and you are the one that came after me. lol. anyways good luck with whatever you do man, youll need it since you will probably get your degree at like 35. laters man.

I am sure you are the most "genuine" guy on these boards, just keep telling yourself that. I think I will be OK getting my degree at the ripe old age of 35, that gives me more than just a couple of years to work before I have to start collecting SS. I never said I was mature and I don't think that anybody I know would say that about me either. If you think that everyone likes you, you should probably open your eyes. It may be a good idea to take another grammar class at Berkeley before matriculations as well. Laters

ecrdoubles15 said:
my stats are just remarkable.
Huh. Since when is a 20/19/17, 3.0 from Berkeley remarkable? I'm just curious, and confused.

Sorry -- normally I try to avoid contributing to the crap on the forums, but sometimes the temptation is too great.

drat said:
Huh. Since when is a 20/19/17, 3.0 from Berkeley remarkable? I'm just curious, and confused.

Sorry -- normally I try to avoid contributing to the crap on the forums, but sometimes the temptation is too great.
well it obviously it good enough. since i got into some great schools that even offered my scholarships. anyway you guys just back off and stop attacking me since that 3.0 come back doesn't work. laters.

we need to stop giving this dude so much attention. obviously thats what he wants. he comes from a GREAT school and has already got into GREAT schools with GREAT scholarships so he doesnt really our help...so lets not give him so much importance!

Ind201 said:
we need to stop giving this dude so much attention. obviously thats what he wants. he comes from a GREAT school and has already got into GREAT schools with GREAT scholarships so he doesnt really our help...so lets not give him so much importance!

well practice your own preaching. your still talking. just stop it all. laters

u mean 'you're' :)

ecrdoubles15 is proof that interviews don't mean jack.

If they did have any weight in acceptances, the admission committee would never have let this insecure, low confidence guy in.

briansle said:
ecrdoubles15 is proof that interviews don't mean jack.

If they did have any weight in acceptances, the admission committee would never have let this insecure, low confidence guy in.

first of all you dont know me so judge me. this all started from someone else judging my status. i was just responding to someone who needed info about getting into NYU. and its not my fault other got mad, but i wasnt just going to take it. anyways, there is not one job interview or dental school interview that i havent got into. if you knew me youd knw that i am the most likeable person. so unless you meet me in person dont judge me. thanks. and i though you wanted to top this. so stop! laters

Your response just proved my point

There's no more I need to say so I'll stop, laters

In the end does it matter!!!

good its over, and i didnt prove any of your points. and we are not going underground. laters.