NYU Summer Ortho Externship

Started by Robizzle
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Robizzle

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry if this belongs in allo. This is a real shot in the dark, but did anyone participate in this program between MS1 and MS2? Each student gets set up with a preceptor who sets up their daily activities (mostly shadowing in the O.R. & office, and conferences etc. and I guess ultimately becoming part of the team, and there's a 7 min presentation at the end of summer on a topic of interest)

I think it would be real good for ortho experience and getting to know the guys at NYU, but it doesn't really emphasize research, although I asked and the head guy said research is "there for the taking."

Just hoping someone knows first or second hand if this program is any good. Sounds awesome but I'm also waiting to hear back from HSS which isn't for another month. If it's good, I'm just gona go for it. Thanks in advance.