NYU suplementary application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jikooo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have a question about NYU interview.
It says on the email that they will require interviewees to fill out supplementary application during the interview.
What kind of information do I need to bring out to fill that out?
Is it like a writing sample?

Its NYC, from what I read so attire is important..
Any suggestions for attire? (Im female)
Ive seen other interviewees with highhills on interview day and it did not work out so well.
But it wasnt NYC.. Do you recommend high hills?

Lastly, I have no idea about transportation in NYC.
I mean, I heard about bus and subway system and their prices...
but is the time reliable? Can I count on them to be on time?
What kind of transportation method do you recommend that I take from hotel to school (hotel in manhattan)?

Please feel free to share your NYU interview experience with me.

Thank you very much in advance. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

In terms of attire, I would strongly recommend wearing flats, or low heels that you are comfortable walking in. I wore a pant suit and flats to my interview, which was definitely a good idea.

The supplemental application is very quick and easy to fill out. No writing sample or anything like that.

As for transportation, it depends where you're staying. The 6 train stops about 15 minutes walking from NYU. The X38 bus stops across the street. M15 and M23 buses stop nearby as well. I would suggest leaving with plenty of time to spare.

I got to my interview around 7:15 AM and was interviewed before 8 AM.

All you need to fill out is bio info, schools you've attended, and whether you have/had any interviews and acceptances. It's a quick 5 min form. Also, you can either email a picture to them or bring it to your interview.

Good luck!

P.S. My interview was very laid back but a few others during my interview were asked to name the dental school departments and directors of each. Someone who didn't know simply answered "I don't know but look forward to finding out" :)

Hello, I have a question about NYU interview.
It says on the email that they will require interviewees to fill out supplementary application during the interview.
What kind of information do I need to bring out to fill that out?
Is it like a writing sample?

Its NYC, from what I read so attire is important..
Any suggestions for attire? (Im female)
Ive seen other interviewees with highhills on interview day and it did not work out so well.
But it wasnt NYC.. Do you recommend high hills?

Lastly, I have no idea about transportation in NYC.
I mean, I heard about bus and subway system and their prices...
but is the time reliable? Can I count on them to be on time?
What kind of transportation method do you recommend that I take from hotel to school (hotel in manhattan)?

Please feel free to share your NYU interview experience with me.

Thank you very much in advance. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, I wore a grey skirt suit with black high heels (1.5 inch). I saw plenty of girls with flats, however, so whatever is comfortable.