NYU Supplemental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AZborn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone competed the essay questions for NYU? And if so how long were your responses, because it doesn't say how long they can or have to be.

Members don't see this ad.

Mine were a paragraph each. They specifically said "take a few moments...short responses..." And that is what I did.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey can you tell me what the questions were? I want to get started on them before I get the email.
As part of the application process, all applicants must complete the following
2016/2017 Student Questionnaire. Please take a few moments and provide a short response to the questions below:

1. How do you foresee the NYU College of Dentistry program helping you achieve your career goals?
  2. What accomplishments do you feel set you apart from other applicants?
  3. Tell us something about your undergraduate experience that you would change and why?

Reactions: 1 users
As part of the application process, all applicants must complete the following
2016/2017 Student Questionnaire. Please take a few moments and provide a short response to the questions below:

1. How do you foresee the NYU College of Dentistry program helping you achieve your career goals?
  2. What accomplishments do you feel set you apart from other applicants?
  3. Tell us something about your undergraduate experience that you would change and why?
Thanks a lot! I appreciate it.

did you guys put it in the boxes provided or attach another sheet?

I attached it to the email and received an email next day saying it was uploaded to my application successfully

i mean in the supplemental pdf they give you boxes to answer the questions in. Did your answers fit in there or did you attach another sheet?

I
i mean in the supplemental pdf they give you boxes to answer the questions in. Did your answers fit in there or did you attach another sheet?

Interesting, they never sent me a pdf file. The email already had the prompts. I'm assuming they must have recently changed it because people must have been writing super long responses.

Members don't see this ad :)
Finished my essays for NYU a few days ago, each were roughly 200 words. NYU responded and informed me that they had been attached to my application, I have emailed my unofficial DAT scores (printout from my testing center) but still waiting for AADSAS to send my official results. 21 AA, 21 TS, 21 PAT

I called, and they told me that the responses average 500 words..

Reactions: 1 user
I would assume "a few moments" to answer the questions should be roughly 200 words adcoms prob want something short and sweet

Reactions: 1 users
When I called them last month to enquire about this, IIRC the person said there was no limits to the length and didn't even tell me how short or long it could be. I asked if a paragraph was fine and he said yea. Honestly, 500 words per response is ridiculous. NYU receives so many applications, adcoms are not going to be happy reading long responses when they asked for short.

When I called them last month to enquire about this, IIRC the person said there was no limits to the length and didn't even tell me how short or long it could be. I asked if a paragraph was fine and he said yea. Honestly, 500 words per response is ridiculous. NYU receives so many applications, adcoms are not going to be happy reading long responses when they asked for short.
agreed!

I wish they were consistent with their answers

They aren't anything to be worried about but if you want, I can take a look.

Generally for all my supplementary material I'll write close to 500 words, most of the time less. A lot of questions are redundant, and I answer the question directly. There are a lot of applications that are looked over, I try my best to submit mine early and be efficient as possible.

Hey guys, quick question:
Are you supposed to write it by hand in the 3 boxes provided or type your answers in a different document?
Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, quick question:
Are you supposed to write it by hand in the 3 boxes provided or type your answers in a different document?
Thanks in advance!

If you want to write directly in the boxes, use a PDF editing tool (don't hand-write it). I suppose they do also accept a PDF file of a different document.

If you want to write directly in the boxes, use a PDF editing tool (don't hand-write it). I suppose they do also accept a PDF file of a different document.
Thank you!