NYU Tuition?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ar97

Reaction score
Im confused... Is NYU really free? Because I hear from everyone they are but also they list a tuition price on MSAR so im confused...

Members don't see this ad.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

Please go to google first.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Im confused... Is NYU really free? Because I hear from everyone they are but also they list a tuition price on MSAR so im confused...
Why did you post the same thing twice over the span of two hours? I already answered your other one. Like...google is a thing too...

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A lack of an ability to even Google simple questions doesn't bode well for your chances of getting into medical school.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
A lack of an ability to even Google simple questions doesn't bode well for your chances of getting into medical school.

or doing well in med school... or being an effective physician... or etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Why did you post the same thing twice over the span of two hours? I already answered your other one. Like...google is a thing too...
sorry my computer glitched so I thought it didn't post... and google says so many different things and I can usually get straight forward answers on here... sorry

I will actually answer your question.

They are indeed tuition free, but that does not necessarily mean they are “free” in the sense that you won’t graduate with debt. There are still fees for admin, health insurance, etc. (which are about 10k total per year), and there are living fees (which are high in NYC, let’s say about 20k total per year). That still leaves 30k for loans, which over 4 years, is 120k debt. Of course, NYU does also provide additional aid to those who need it to cover these additional fees beyond tuition.

Reactions: 7 users
I will actually answer your question.

They are indeed tuition free, but that does not necessarily mean they are “free” in the sense that you won’t graduate with debt. There are still fees for admin, health insurance, etc. (which are about 10k total per year), and there are living fees (which are high in NYC, let’s say about 20k total per year). That still leaves 30k for loans, which over 4 years, is 120k debt. Of course, NYU does also provide additional aid to those who need it to cover these additional fees beyond tuition.
Thank so much!

Reactions: 2 users