NYU vs. BU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ckmonster

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First Congrats to all of you that got accepted this 1st round, we only know how hard it was to get here! Our hard work have paid off! We are one step closer to reaching our dream! :D

I'm so thrilled to have been accepted to my top schools! I dreamt of the possibility of having to decide but I didnt think it was going to be this hard! :rolleyes: Can someone help me think of reasons why to pick BU over NYU? Their programs have great things that interest me a lot! But I cant make up my mind.

I would start with money, but they are both crazy expensive so I dont think about it anymore! LOL! :p I need some input! Pleasee

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same exact situation. Help! I feel like NYU may have a bit of a better name, but I love Boston.

Im in the same boat!!!
I think im leaning towards boston though, just feels rite

Members don't see this ad :)
just curiuos waht did u like more abt BU

The ppl and the friendly atmosphere I felt were present in both schools. I like NYU bc of the clinical aspect compared to BU I didn't feel there were that many patients at BU. I have a friend 2D at NYU and she told me that her friend in her third year is going crazy with the amt of patients and procedures she has been doing so far. Which I think is agreat situation to be in. They also have as part if their curriculum an implantology program. So the experience you'll get at NYU I think doesn't compared to BU.
Boston has great thing too. The APEX program, the externships, less people in the class! (115 compared to 235 in NYU plus 100 AP students the 2nd year), from what I understood at BU they don't have the exams in a block which I think is great, my friend says ther were times that she had 5 exams on the same day. I'm soo confused! The cities I like them both and I feel I could perfectly adjust to either one. And like I said before they both have similar price tags so that doesn't help me decide!

NYU hands down. Boston is R.I.P. in the summer. Also, it will take you a much longer time to get bored of NYC than Boston. You can do Boston in a day, easily. You need like a whole year to really acquaint yourself with NYC. NYC subways take you everywhere, 24/7. Broadway, Central Park, PAZ Schwartz, MoMA, the Met, you name it baby. Besides, Boston gets so frickin' cold in the winter. And NYC's chinatown is literally like being in China. Boston's chinatown, not so much.

any BU student on the forum that could talk about their experience at BU? Clinical experience mostly! I feel it didnt get a full picture of that when I interviewed there!

Thanks!

Well, it's not like you will have that much time to explore NY when you're in dental school (based on the amount of work people here say that is present in dental school)

So many people overlook this....

Paulie you definite now?

You should consider the fact that the APEX program helps people get jobs after graduating. (My tour guide was a third year and already had a job lined up!)