NYU Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

inapanic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got waitlisted at NYU and am keeping my fingers crossed. I loved this school when I visited, though my interview was a little blah. My stats are 3.74/34.
I'm wondering if there's anything else that I can do to increase my chances of getting in. Does anyone know what NYU's policy is about sending letters of intent? Anyone else in the same position? :D

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same position. I thought my interview was a little blah too. My interviewer was extremely friendly and I had no problem getting along with him, but somehow he ended up talking more than me. At some points I couldn't get a word in edgewise. It was certainly strange but definitely confirmed my belief that the staff is incredibly supportive and excited to work with medical students. Unfortunately, even if I got off the waitlist I don't think I would attend NYU. The cost of living scares me off a little. But good luck with everything and I'm sure writing a letter couldn't hurt you. If you love the school, that will come out in your letter and that can only work in your favor!

Same here. I have a few other acceptances, but I'm really hoping to get off of NYU's waitlist. I liked my interviewer, but I was the third person he interviewed in a row and it seemed like he was in a bit of a hurry to get back to the hospital. (He was an attending physician). So I don't think that I was able to sell myself enough during the 25 minute interview. I wish that they had two 30 minute interviews or a hour long interview like other schools I interviewed at.

Oh well, at least we're on the waitlist. Hopefully there is a lot of waitlist activity this year, with people choosing other New York schools over NYU or going for the more affordable state schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here are some numbers from the class of 2014. I wish had information about the wait list.

Admissions & Enrollment

Total applicants
chart
In-state applicants
chart
Out-of-state applicants
chart
Women applicants
chart
Minority applicants
chart
International applicants
chart

thanks for the stats!

so i guess other than international students/ it's around a 50/50 chance for those who got interviewed.

does anyone know how nyu feels about LOIs?

Status
Not open for further replies.