Nyu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LemonLime

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an interview at NYU and was wondering if anyone knew anything about the program- both good and bad?
Anyone do an away over there? Were the residents and faculty friendly? Lots of teaching?
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I got an interview at NYU and was wondering if anyone knew anything about the program- both good and bad?
Anyone do an away over there? Were the residents and faculty friendly? Lots of teaching?
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

i did an away there and enjoyed the program. many of the faculty seem interested in teaching. Dr. Sutin is very energetic and eager about lectures and intra-op teaching. the ICU rotation is strong. they do a ton of ortho (regional) cases at the hospital for joint diseases. i had no complaints and ranked it one spot below my matched program, only because i was not as interested as living in NYC as i was having a comfortable country lifestyle. the bad - for me, mostly the aspects of NYC - rent, crowding, higher incidence of bloodborne pathogens...

Bellevue team leader experience is pretty unique and valuable. Most practices will require you to "run the board" and getting practice in residency can only help. Putting out fires and dealing with grumpy surgeons are all part of the job.