-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Nz?
Started by pathdoc68
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Both New Zealand and Australia is recruiting quite aggressively, also in path. I have no solid knowledge of any of the countries, however be aware, that basically no country in the world can compete with US salaries, except perhaps some of the Middle Eastern countries (Saudi Arabia, etc.)
I've looked into this via a recruiting agency, and it seems exciting - and potentially really challenging. It sounds like the salary is pretty low compared to here, but the agency pays for the airfare for you & your spouse and you get some perks like food and housing. The main downside that I could tell, as someone who would be just starting out, is that the posititions tend to be relatively isolated. The places they are trying to fill are small hospitals in rural areas, where you might be the only pathologist. I'd prefer to start out as part of a group where I could show cases and not struggle on my own. Maybe when I'm more experienced I'd do it...though by then I'll be old and too tired for such adventures.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hobbit pathology?
www.mcnz.org.nz
I went to med school in Oz, and would DEFINITELY consider returning. New Zealand is even better from what I hear. Everyone on these forums talks about "lifestyle" specialties, well, every specialty is a "lifestyle" specialty down under. Just don't expect the salaries to be quite the same (close though).
In Oz doctors are now considered skilled migrants, improving your chances of getting in...
I went to med school in Oz, and would DEFINITELY consider returning. New Zealand is even better from what I hear. Everyone on these forums talks about "lifestyle" specialties, well, every specialty is a "lifestyle" specialty down under. Just don't expect the salaries to be quite the same (close though).
In Oz doctors are now considered skilled migrants, improving your chances of getting in...
BTW expect to be placed in an "area of need" which in Oz means rural... (but possibly still 1-2 hours from a major city)