O chem help needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bdyoon

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a take home exam about finding out a chemical structure (C16H24O2).
I have an IR, H nmr, and C nmr...
I checked all over, books, websites etc. I also tried to figure it out myself of course:
IHD:5
H-nmr shifts are :1.11, 2.49, 2.70, 3.08, 5.38 (does this mean no aromatic H's??)

Would anyone be willing to take a look at 'em?? Someone with some time to kill? ;)

I kinda have an idea but stuck at some points (with the multiplicity, symmetry parts etc.) I learned the stuff last semester and its somewhat rusty.
If anyone who's good at this want to give it a try, please let me know. I can email you the scanned paper. I would appreciate anyone's help. :oops:

stressed... :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

You want someone to tell you how to solve a problem on your take-home exam? Where I'm from that's called cheating. Every time we had a take home exam, the teacher said you can use book/notes, but certainly no help from anyone.

HermeytheElf said:
You want someone to tell you how to solve a problem on your take-home exam? Where I'm from that's called cheating. Every time we had a take home exam, the teacher said you can use book/notes, but certainly no help from anyone.

Just need some one to help me in toward the right direction for I'm sooo lost...

Members don't see this ad :)
bdyoon said:
I have a take home exam about finding out a chemical structure (C16H24O2).
I have an IR, H nmr, and C nmr...
I checked all over, books, websites etc. I also tried to figure it out myself of course:
IHD:5
H-nmr shifts are :1.11, 2.49, 2.70, 3.08, 5.38 (does this mean no aromatic H's??)

Would anyone be willing to take a look at 'em?? Someone with some time to kill? ;)

I kinda have an idea but stuck at some points (with the multiplicity, symmetry parts etc.) I learned the stuff last semester and its somewhat rusty.
If anyone who's good at this want to give it a try, please let me know. I can email you the scanned paper. I would appreciate anyone's help. :oops:

stressed... :scared:

My professor gave everyone an open book exam (in class) last week. It was the only spectroscopy test we will have (beside what is on the ACS). We had NMR, and IR, it was a pain in the ass that I would never like to do again. Besides spectroscopy I am really strong in O-Chem but without looking at what you have in front of you I don't think many people will be able to help you. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.