O-chem text

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

powerful_squib

Snoop dogg resident
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Taking O-chem I and II over the summer and got my book today... its Organic Chemistry by L.G. Wade Jr. I wanted to know if anyone else used this book for the course and exactly how good it is. I think it bears a resembalance to the Bruice text, which I heard from my roomies is really good but I don't know.

Members don't see this ad.

EX-CELL-ENT. Very good book...everything is said in an easy to understand way, can't go wrong with that book.

Amazing textbook for sure: make sure to do the practice problems (or at least most of them) and then depending on the teacher you should do great. I'm taking Orgo II this summer so I feel your pain!

Good luck Squib!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks so much guys... I feel loads better, I just hope my prof. is good like the book!

The text is well organized and easier to understand than other texts I have read. My advise (it worked well for me) is to buy the Organic Chemistry II "As a second language" (link here: http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Chemi...1296967?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1179516564&sr=8-1)

Those two books (semester 1 and 2) helped me TREMENDOUSLY, between those books and the text I felt very confident in the class.

You must have read my mind. I have organic chem I as a second language... I'm going to order the second part next week... thanks for the tip!