O Chem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mpm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a post bach, haven't looked at O Chem in a very, very long time, are there any suggestions on the best way to study for O chem for the DATS? Thank you for any help:)

Members don't see this ad.

Chad's videos on coursesaver.com is a great way to refresh your memory on what you need to know for the orgo section.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello @mpm ! I was a year removed from Orgo when I started preparing for the DAT, and while that may not sound like much, once I finished the course I tried to never think about Orgo again and forgot a lot of it when I began studying again. I found that DAT Destroyer is very, very useful for preparing yourself for any type of question that can be thrown at you on the DAT. It is very challenging and I would definitely go through it 2-3 times, but it prepares you very well and your scores will go up after going through it. However, since you are a bit removed and may want to refresh a bit, Chad's videos are great for learning/refreshing. Watch those once or twice, do the quizzes, and you'll be right back in it.

Once you're done preparing for just orgo with those resources, I would do the DAT Bootcamp practice tests since those are similar to what you will see on Test Day (the questions are even a little bit more difficult). Best of luck with your studies and let me know if you have an questions along the way!

Chads vids and quizzes, orgo Odyssey and DAT destroyer = everything you need to know..... 99% of everything you need to know!

I used Destroyer and DAT BC which were great, but I also really liked the Kaplan Blue Book. The orgo section on that helped me a lot and I had also been a year removed from orgo. There are also these little tear away sheets for the sciences which came in handy studying the day and day before my exam.