O Chem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsnp

DDSNP
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys is it me or does kaplan O chem seem tough. I thought i wouldn't have a problem with o chem but the kaplan subject tests seem to be kind of difficult. Has anyone else felt this also. My dat is coming up and things arn't looking good for o chem. ANy advice?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

ddsnp said:
Hey guys is it me or does kaplan O chem seem tough. I thought i wouldn't have a problem with o chem but the kaplan subject tests seem to be kind of difficult. Has anyone else felt this also. My dat is coming up and things arn't looking good for o chem. ANy advice?

thanks

I seem to have done ok on Kaplan's O'Chem subject tests.
O'Chem subject test #1 = 90%
O'Chem subject test #1 = 90%
O'Chem subject test #1 = 97%
Addition & Elimination Quiz = 70%
Spectroscopy Quiz = 90%

I just found myself in a deep hole with TopScore's O'Chem test #2. My Second lowest score was O'Chem = 19.
Bio 21 (TopScore seems to have made a mistake in this section)
G'Chem 20 (*2 mistakes by TopScore - one mistake is mentioned on their site. The second mistake hasn't been reported by anyone yet ! )
O'Chem 19 (another mistake by topscore, seems like one of the reagents can't distinguish ketones from aldehydes - 90% sure)
QR 22 (TopScore seems to have made another mistake in this subsection - I think it is reported on their site too. In any case, definitely at least one mistake)
RC 18 (Got lucky !)
PAT 26

ddsnp said:

thanks
hey man,
kaplan's questions are harder than the ones on the actual test. that's the only way they can make you believe that the 1k you paid was worth it. as long as your getting 85~90% of the subj tests correctly, and fully understand why you missed the rest, i'd say you're ready to do well on the big day. good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
ddsnp said:

thanks
make sure that you read every single answer explanation even if you answered it correctly.

dentwannabe said:
can anyone tell me where in the kaplan book all that info is on Tullens reagent, iodoform test, etc. ?

I don't think they are in there, but get to know those test because I had a question my test. Thank god for organic lab.

Where can I find the Kaplan Subject Tests? Are they similar to the GRE Subject Tests?

Thanks!