O. Chem

carol_J

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Im currently a sophmore and plan to take the OAT in about a year,
I was wondering how much Organic Chem does the OAT cover - is it just O. Chem. I or does it also cover O. Chem II.?

Also, I absoultly HATE Chem, so is Chem a great majority od the Test.
Thanks -

Members don't see this ad.

carol_J said:
Hi Im currently a sophmore and plan to take the OAT in about a year,
I was wondering how much Organic Chem does the OAT cover - is it just O. Chem. I or does it also cover O. Chem II.?

Also, I absoultly HATE Chem, so is Chem a great majority od the Test.
Thanks -

I would say 65% from OChem I and the rest from OChem II. Strong B's from your OChem classes would very much prepare you for this section of the test.

Not sure if your second question refers to General Chemistry ... but, questions on the real thing are mostly conceptually based with little calculations involved.

Hope the above inputs help.

I definately agree that strong B's in your ochem series = you're good to go. I got B+s for my entire series and I got a 400 on the real test. Gchem isn't too horrible either, I thought the real thing was easier than TopScore/Kaplan. It's important to know the major concepts...I've noticed that the test loves gibbs free energy, pH (theres about three different ways to ask this one and I would know each one), hess's and equilibrium. If you generally know these areas, you should get at least a 330. GOOD LUCK!

joshephlee said:
I would say 65% from OChem I and the rest from OChem II. Strong B's from your OChem classes would very much prepare you for this section of the test.

Not sure if your second question refers to General Chemistry ... but, questions on the real thing are mostly conceptually based with little calculations involved.

Hope the above inputs help.

same here. granted we had a very tough O-Chem program at my undergrad school... I only pulled a B+ in OChem I and a B in OChem II.... and I gota 400 on the test.

Just review and you should be set. Its not tough... with questions like... "Pick out the tertiary amine"

Thanks all for the respones!
Good to know.

For my second question I ment Chem in general. I just dont like Chem. periosd, but am getting B's so, Im doing ok.