O*net

Started by goyo1010
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

goyo1010

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Nice!

How'd you come across this? IMO OTs make a good salary as well. (remember guys, I think 70k is a lot), and PTA salary??? huh?
 
I came across it in my Child Development class. Our professor asked us to take an assessment from the website, so I explored a little and found out about its awesome career information material.

cheers!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought it was a low-ball figure that they posted for PTA's. A year after graduating a PTA program 4.5 years ago, I was able to negotiate $26, then $29.50, a year and a half later at my next job. It's been uphill from there. Most other PTA's I've worked with in a few different states (although we are not supposed to talk about salaries), are making above the average given. An awesome website, though!!

So as a starting salary what would you assume? I live in the northwest coastal area.

And an experienced (after about 5 years) PTA salary?

Thanks
 
I thought it was a low-ball figure that they posted for PTA's. A year after graduating a PTA program 4.5 years ago, I was able to negotiate $26, then $29.50, a year and a half later at my next job. It's been uphill from there. Most other PTA's I've worked with in a few different states (although we are not supposed to talk about salaries), are making above the average given. An awesome website, though!!

well, the figures are national averages, so different places will have different pays.
 
True, about it being the national average, where the pay is obviously going to differ. I guess I've been lucky having worked in a few different states that have paid well. Perhaps down the road, I'll move to a state that doesn't, who knows...