OAT Achiever Physics vs real OAT physics

biologyguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could someone tell me how the physics section on the real OAT is compared to the OAT Achiever physic section? I've reviewed all my physics notes and still can barely do the problems on the Achiever. I read from a lot of posts on this forum saying that the physics section was a joke but I don't want to let my guard down. It feels like the Achiever is asking for questions that are more complex. I don't want to spend too much time on physics because I only have 2 weeks left but I don't want to go into the test with the feeling of not studying enough and not knowing my stuff, thanks to the achiever..

Members don't see this ad.

Could someone tell me how the physics section on the real OAT is compared to the OAT Achiever physic section? I've reviewed all my physics notes and still can barely do the problems on the Achiever. I read from a lot of posts on this forum saying that the physics section was a joke but I don't want to let my guard down. It feels like the Achiever is asking for questions that are more complex. I don't want to spend too much time on physics because I only have 2 weeks left but I don't want to go into the test with the feeling of not studying enough and not knowing my stuff, thanks to the achiever..

I hope not too similar because Achiever is definitely giving me a run for my money!

the physics section is not as hard as it is in any of the review books
a lot of the physics was application of very basic physics formulas
I was really struggling with this section to and ended up geting a 340 on the actual test

It's already mentioned in the FAQ:

"I constantly receive low scores on the practice tests. Should these freak me out?
The mock tests have generally been designed to be more challenging than the actual ones, as measures to better prepare you for the big day. Do not be discouraged if you happen to be scoring lower than you have expected to. You should, nonetheless, consistently refer to your textbooks/lecture notes on chapters/topics you are weak at, and progressively improve your scores from there."

I think you should also go through every question with the detailed solution they gave you including those that you had answered correctly.

Members don't see this ad :)

the achiever physics section is hard core. Remember that most of the real OAT physics is 1 step not multi step like in achiever. If you master the achiever then you will score a 400. I thought the achiever was incredibly challenging and got a 390 physics on the real thing.

Remember always to learn your physics through first principles. That's basically what the Achiever is trying to teach through the solutions.