OAT Achiever Results =(

fkajoshaj

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I just took a practice test from the OAT achiever cd I have and I am completely demoralized knowing that my test is in ten days =(

Based on these results, any chance I can crack over 300 on each section??

Bio: 260
Chem: 300
OChem: 300
RC: 340
Physics: 240
QR: 280

AA: 270 TS: 290 :(

Members don't see this ad.

When I took the Kaplan practice OAT Test at their test center, I scored a TS 310 and AA 320. I was also really bummed out, walked next door to a fish & chips joint, and ate silently as I reflected on the test. I went home for the thanksgiving weekend and studied. Four days after my practice OAT, I took the real deal and got a 400/380.

Practice tests are usually harder than the actual exam. Find out what topics you are weak in and study for them. Let us know how your exam goes.

Hey Guys, I just took a practice test from the OAT achiever cd I have and I am completely demoralized knowing that my test is in ten days =(

Based on these results, any chance I can crack over 300 on each section??

Bio: 260
RC: 340
Physics: 240
QR: 280

AA: 270 TS: 290 :(
i got similar scores in rc and bio. in rc, i believe its hit or miss, because i scored from 260-390 on practice, and got a 280 on the real thing. on bio, i got the same as you and got a 270 on the real thing (but i was really guessing because i hadnt taken most of those classes). if you've taken those courses, you should do much better on the real thing. you should do much better on the chems and math, since its easier on the real exam. i would say study some more for physics, because you generally do about 50ish points better on the real thing.

I would really worry about your physics score.

http://www.amazon.com/Examkrackers-1001-Questions-MCAT-Physics/dp/1893858189

buy this, do all the problems (takes you 2-3 days; a week if you're slow)
you'll get a good score.

as someone already mentioned, your actual score (with the exception of RC) will be significantly higher on the real test. However, anything below a 250 on the achiever = uncertainty. i would postpone the test for another couple of weeks if I were you. g'luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, I graduated in 2007 with a BS in Biology and minor in Chemistry. I have a 3.05 overall gpa. I took the OAT once last year and received a AA: 300, TS: 320
Bio: 290 Chem: 320 OChem: 330 RC: 260 Physics: 320 QR: 260.

I interned at a chain (optical store) for half a year. Since July of this year, I have been working as an Optometric Assistant in a private practice and I am still doing so.

I take the OAT's again in 6 days. What is the minimum I must score on this test to at least be considered for an interview at the following schools: PCO, NECO, MCO and NOVA??

Again, just some ballpark numbers would be good. Thank you.

Guys, I graduated in 2007 with a BS in Biology and minor in Chemistry. I have a 3.05 overall gpa. I took the OAT once last year and received a AA: 300, TS: 320
Bio: 290 Chem: 320 OChem: 330 RC: 260 Physics: 320 QR: 260.

I interned at a chain (optical store) for half a year. Since July of this year, I have been working as an Optometric Assistant in a private practice and I am still doing so.

I take the OAT's again in 6 days. What is the minimum I must score on this test to at least be considered for an interview at the following schools: PCO, NECO, MCO and NOVA??

Again, just some ballpark numbers would be good. Thank you.

Its different for every school but I would aim to get no lower than 310 in any section. Of course there are always exceptions.

As mentioned above, I was using TopScore and getting 270-310's on every section and on the real exam I got 340-370's.

Hey guys, as you all know my OAT exam is on wed 12/31. As you can see, I posted my OAT achiever test 1 scores up a week ago. I just took the second one and here are my scores:

AA: 270 TS: 300

Bio: 290
RC: 280 (didnt get to finish!)
Physics: 270
QR: 290

As you can see, im still getting these sub-300 scores. Idk whether to take these scores as an approximate to real thing? I know some ppl say my real scores will be higher, but my consistency is scaring me. Any thoughts guys?

How do you feel about your knowledge of the material? Forget the practice test scores and ask yourself how confident you feel in these subjects. Okay, you got 280's on your subject exams, and you're probably thinking its a good predictor of your real OAT, therefore you believe you don't know the material that well otherwise you would have gotten high scores. Forget all that for a second.

Let's say you're on Jeopardy, and these subjects (QR, biology, physics, etc) were categories. Would you think to yourself "YES, this is my dream board," or "Damn, despite having all of these in my curriculum at college, especially since I majored and minored in half of them, I would have rather preferred Potent Potables."

Are you at conflict because you feel you know everything but end up getting low marks or are you walking in not knowing topics but just hoping to do well.

I bet you're studying too, reading and going through flashcards. Are you learning or memorizing? If I told you to write as much as you can about Sn1 Reactions, how long would your paper be. What If I told you to write as much as you can about Sn1 Reactions in only 2 minutes?

Is your greatest weakness the material or time?

If you feel good but just aren't getting the numbers you think you're capable of gettin on these practice tests, then don't stress too much because you'll probably score higher on the real thing. Why do I believe on that assumption? When I took the practice OAT, it felt like a big sudoku, where you want to put a 9 in the corner but it just doesn't work out. When I took the real OAT, it felt like a teaser, saying "hey buddy, the answers right here, just think about it for a sec and it'll reveal itself." In other words, the real OAT was more general and should set off many lightbulbs from your past experiences in the curriculum. Or at least that is how my exam was for me.

In retrospect, this post is mostly nonsense. If it does you harm, sorry.