Reaction score
Hey I just got my Achiever and took the 1st test here are my scores
Bio 270
Chem 280
Org 270
Physics 230
Reading 340
Math 280

I was not to impressed with this. My game plan is to study all the missed questions for a week then take test 2. Then repeat the week study I missed on test 2 and do the same for test 3. My physics is horrible on here. Is this even close to how the real test will be scored? Any advice on this?
Thanks

Should I get the destroyer as well??

Members don't see this ad.

I think I mentioned before that the achiever will depress you. Personally, I think feeling confident before the test is an important factor in helping you perform well.
Anyway, you will most likely do just fine on the actual OATs (unless you decide to freak out on the day of your test :eek:). Rather than mastering the problems in the achiever tests, I think you should identify which concepts you don't fully understand and devote more time to solidify it in other sources of study aid. For the physics section specifically (on the real OATs) i scored a 280 the first time and a 370 when i took it thanks to Schaumm's physics review (do the "easy" problems and anything else that may help you), Kaplan's big book (i actually had time to study it this time around), and my good old textbook (i just went over the important concepts and sample problems). The orgo section of the achiever covers much more than what the OAT requires you to know, so, I wouldn't waste much time studying ochem through achiever. The mock computerized OAT format of the achiever is really useful though. I didn't use the achiever at all the second time around (because the guy wanted to charge me $40 more dollars for a new activation key.) and got 350+ on every section. Anyway, overall, the OAT is very conceptual based so if you know your basic concepts you'll do fine :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

oh and EAT WELL! :hardy:

Hey I just got my Achiever and took the 1st test here are my scores
Bio 270
Chem 280
Org 270
Physics 230
Reading 340
Math 280

I was not to impressed with this. My game plan is to study all the missed questions for a week then take test 2. Then repeat the week study I missed on test 2 and do the same for test 3. My physics is horrible on here. Is this even close to how the real test will be scored? Any advice on this?
Thanks

Should I get the destroyer as well??

THanks for the reply that makes me feel somewhat better. Im gonna check out the physics review you mentioned because im struggling with it. I do freak out during tests so I am affraid of that. You made a huge increase on the physics section congrats. The orgo was hard on Achiever although most of it is. How was math composed on the real oat? Was there as much trig as in achiever? I hear there are a lot of Inequalities?

Thanks

Yup, there are alot of inequalities in the beginning of the test and that can take up alot of your precious time. If you know all the short cuts and don't stall on any question you should be able to finish the entire section with no problem. From what I remember, achiever covered trig in more detail than what you would see on the real OAT, and I only remember 2-3 questions that deals with trig. I think you'll be fine on math, my suggestion is for you to work on physics since most people score lower on that section. g'luck :thumbup:

my achiever scores were pretty low--I got a 260 on physics 3 I think..and I got a 380 today on the real deal. Just know your physics 1 equations and how to apply them.. I thought it was going to be my worst score but turned out to be pretty good. I think topscore and opted.org is a better gauge of your actual score. Personally, I liked destroyer for QR, as I was scoring 270s before it, then 330+ on practice tests after it. Other than that, I felt that kaplan prepared me well ( I took the class).