OAT and OAT destroyer

danielallen2008

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently studying for my OAT and am using OAT destroyer, and Topscore OAT, I am finding that my scores are really low (specifically in QR and physics), but when I took the OAT sample test off of Opted.org, I scored very high....... Are the questions on the real Oat comparable in difficulty to Oat destroyer and Topscore? I understand the concepts really well, but have a harder time with the calculation portions of it...........can someone give me advice?????

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely Opted test.
The real test requires a lot more understanding of the concepts, and doesn't really bog you down with math calculations.
I sucked at all the physics portions (of Kaplan), but ended up scoring really high on the actual test
Not sure about the QR since I didn't study off the two sources you're using.

what did you use for the QR? I have my test on Feb 17, Ive been studying for a good month, I rocked the OAT practice test from opted, but Im still worried because Ive been studying and I havent really changed in terms of improvement, I understand the concepts well, I can do most of the calculations but they take me quite a bit longer, I also have the OAT kaplan book, and I do much better than I do in OAT destroyer and Topscore. Im just starting to really worry, since my test is less than 2 weeks away and posponing it is not an option.......

Members don't see this ad :)
Im having the same problem. I def. understand what your feeling. My exam is on the same day. I have the Destroyer and acheiver as well as the kaplan book. Good Luck on your exam. I hope its true what everyone says about the kaplan, Destroyer, And Acheiver being so much harder.

Personally, I didn't do too much studying for the QR. I just studied off the Kaplan book, and the actual OAT ended up testing very similar concepts.

I ended up panicking over Physics a lot, and even went through an entire AP Physics book two days before the test. I think everyone starts to panic before the test (one test having equal weight to four years of college!), but just be confident. I think most people end up scoring very near their opted test score (usually higher since they've studied since).

Watch out for those slide picture questions on Bio, that was a surprise