OAT Bio Section help

optometryquestions

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm planning to take the OAT this year sometime in August. As I'm prepping, I was wondering what is the best way to study for the Biology portion of the exam? I have the OAT Destroyer for all the subjects and have tried some bio practice problems but have been doing pretty bad and can't figure out what to even read/study to be able to answer the questions correctly.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Kaplan does a good job breaking down each section and giving you an outline what you need to know to start

Reactions: 1 user
I second using Kaplan. I just read through the Review Notes textbook while taking notes on some of my weaker areas. I did all of the quizzes at the end of each section and did a couple Kaplan practice OAT's - any that I got wrong I tried to understand exactly what I goofed on or didn't understand, sometimes going back a re-reading material. Was able to achieve a 400 on the bio section for the actual OAT.

Reactions: 1 users
I personally thought Kaplan was a bit outdated imo, it went into too much detail.

Imo Booster is the best especially for biology, I wouldn't have scored a 400 in bio without it. I prepared by going over the biology notes and videos on booster, then completing as many practice tests as you can. Any question I answered incorrectly, I marked it and came back to it later on. Make sure you understand all the concepts especially the questions you answer incorrectly. I had very similar questions show up on my OAT with some being very similar to the booster practice tests.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I personally thought Kaplan was a bit outdated imo, it went into too much detail.

Imo Booster is the best especially for biology, I wouldn't have scored a 400 in bio without it. I prepared by going over the biology notes and videos on booster, then completing as many practice tests as you can. Any question I answered incorrectly, I marked it and came back to it later on. Make sure you understand all the concepts especially the questions you answer incorrectly. I had very similar questions show up on my OAT with some being very similar to the booster practice tests.
How did your memorize everything for bio through booster? I haven’t taken biology in 3 years and don’t remember anything and looking at the booster notes I feel like it’s an extreme amount of information to cover in 2 monthd

How did your memorize everything for bio through booster? I haven’t taken biology in 3 years and don’t remember anything and looking at the booster notes I feel like it’s an extreme amount of information to cover in 2 monthd
Don't try memorizing every little detail - it'll drive you crazy. Try to know and understand the main points. Use Anki or the quizlet cards if it helps.