PLPrincess

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2004
CT
Status
Hey guys,
I need your help. I need to learn the plant stuff from biology VERY quickly. I think the last time I took general bio and learned the plant things was my freshman or sophomore year of HS, so needless to say I know NOTHING about that. I took A&P in college, and that didn't cover much of plant structure, life etc. My point is, does anyone have any good links to tutorials or any other websites that would give me enough of the basics to cover me for the OAT?

Thanks!

od2b77

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2004
Status
PLPrincess said:
Hey guys,
I need your help. I need to learn the plant stuff from biology VERY quickly. I think the last time I took general bio and learned the plant things was my freshman or sophomore year of HS, so needless to say I know NOTHING about that. I took A&P in college, and that didn't cover much of plant structure, life etc. My point is, does anyone have any good links to tutorials or any other websites that would give me enough of the basics to cover me for the OAT?

Thanks!
I studied plant stuff from Kaplan book. The book doesn't have to be OAT prep, I borrowed DAT Kaplan book from a friend at dental school. I also borrowed AP bio review book in the library, but that book had too much detail that wasn't necessary for OAT.

KwijiboOO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
Status
od2b77 said:
I studied plant stuff from Kaplan book. The book doesn't have to be OAT prep, I borrowed DAT Kaplan book from a friend at dental school. I also borrowed AP bio review book in the library, but that book had too much detail that wasn't necessary for OAT.
Yeah I pretty much used the Kaplan DAT book and ignored the visual perception section and it really helped.

meb302

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2004
Columbus, OH
Status
PLPrincess said:
Hey guys,

Thanks!
Hey PLPrincess,

The couple times I took the OAT, I think I had very few plant related questions. I wouldn't stress over it too much. But to focus in on some material, I would definately cover photosynthesis, which can be described in detail in your biochemistry book. A general bio book should work as well, yet I think photosynthesis is best described in biochemical terms. Next, I think you should focus on general characteristics of angiosperms, gymnosperms, fungi, and algae. If you know the detailed life cycles of them all, and know their differences, you should do fine with any plant related question. If you have the time, you could also cover some plant physiology aspects, but I think that would more than necessary. Hope this helps! You could probably buy a cliff note like book on Botany for further info, rather than buying a test prep book.

Matt