OAT dates

Zopt9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How can I look at available spots for OAT test without registering it yet?

Members don't see this ad.

What I'd recommend you do is to just sign up for a date that you think will work well for you, because you can always reschedule the date if, for some reason, you feel you are not adequately prepared. There is a fee for this, but compared to the cost of applying to optometry schools//attending interviews, it isn't terribly significant.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it's required one sign up for a test-date an amount of time in advance, though cancellations do bear such a mandate (two days' advance, I think). That said, you'll have to be registered to be able to sign up, and it takes a little while (I forget just how long — not very, as I recall) for registration to go through.

Don't take current availability as an indicator of how the system generally runs. Keep in mind, the admissions cycle begins in July — plenty of people will be taking the O.A.T. in July and August, whereas test-dates, in May (now), might be reasonably free.

Last edited:
Thanks for responsing to me. This is the screen where I get stoke

Available Test Sites
error.gif

To refine your search and locate alternative testing locations, simply enter a specific address, city or zip/postal code where you wish to take your test.

e.g., "1501 Clinton St, Baltimore, MD" or "Paris, France" or "90210"

This is the message that I get once I enter Mass as a state. Whether i enter my zip code or my complete address, it does not move forward. Any idea?

Thanks for responsing to me. This is the screen where I get stoke

Available Test Sites Any idea?

I believe you are on the wrong screen. go to this page and follow my links described below if you are looking for seat availability.

http://www.prometric.com/OAT/default.htm

Click on the above link. Then choose Locate a Test Center. Then you should get a screen that ask you to select a state. Pick your state from the drop down menu and then click on Next. The screen you should see next should have seven links in a row. Pick the fifth link, Search for Seat Availability. Do not pick the fourth link from the top "Locate a Test Site", you will not be able to see what seats are available for certain dates, this is the wrong link. After you click on "Search for Seat Availability". Then enter your zip code and click on Search. Click on whichever test center you wish to see available seating for dates and times. Then select the link in the orange box called Seat Availablity. You should see a drop down menu for month and year and a calender beneath that. Select your month/year, and then click on the date in the calender to see the times available.

If this is not what you are looking for, maybe I do not understand what you are asking. Last thing you can do is use a different browser, when firefox does not work I switch to Explorer, but I do not think this is your problem. Hope that helps.

Last edited: