Oat destroyer biology

foodie101

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
My exam is near the end of August and I have just started the oat destroyer bio section. I have been getting 15-17 wrong for each set of 40 questions which is really discouraging. Any advice in comparison to the real oat and what to do?
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
My exam is near the end of August and I have just started the oat destroyer bio section. I have been getting 15-17 wrong for each set of 40 questions which is really discouraging. Any advice in comparison to the real oat and what to do?
Thank you!

The OAT destroyer is known to be harder than the real OAT. Some say the biology section is on par with the actual test, but having taken the OAT I would say the destroyer is slightly more difficult. If I were you, I'd get through all the biology destroyer problems at least 2-3 times through (I know, it's a lot), until you can get all of them right.

The OAT destroyer is known to be harder than the real OAT. Some say the biology section is on par with the actual test, but having taken the OAT I would say the destroyer is slightly more difficult. If I were you, I'd get through all the biology destroyer problems at least 2-3 times through (I know, it's a lot), until you can get all of them right.

Thank you for the reply! If you don't mind me asking how did you do on the oat bio section and how were you doing on the oat destroyer first time around. Since im scared to go through the oat destroyer that many times and still not do good on the real oat since i would have only looked at tgat material 2-3 times and I still ahve to do all the other sections in the oat detsroyer and not much time left. Freaking out a lot!

Thank you for the reply! If you don't mind me asking how did you do on the oat bio section and how were you doing on the oat destroyer first time around. Since im scared to go through the oat destroyer that many times and still not do good on the real oat since i would have only looked at tgat material 2-3 times and I still ahve to do all the other sections in the oat detsroyer and not much time left. Freaking out a lot!
Also, did you study from the kaplan book since thats what i did but after reciving these scores I feel like I should restudy the material with another resource? Also Im a bio major which I would think would help me but I recived a 320 on the bio scetion on the prac kaplan test before is tarted practicing, I feel like that is not good enough since Im aiming for 370 or above in all the scetions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
Thank you!
Hello! Personally I found the OAT Bio to be a bit harder than the Kaplen Bio- but not by much. I was getting 340- 350 on the practice tests for bio and then on the OAt I scored only a 300- which was so shocking since I am a bio major. THe one problem that I see now tho- is that I underestimated the bio section. I figured since I was bio major and loved the subject that I didn't need to spend as much time on it as I would say Gen-chem (which I suck at and hate). So I spent lots of time on gen-chem and scored a 320 and underestimated bio- didn't really study- and got a 300. Learn from my mistakes lol.

Hello! Personally I found the OAT Bio to be a bit harder than the Kaplen Bio- but not by much. I was getting 340- 350 on the practice tests for bio and then on the OAt I scored only a 300- which was so shocking since I am a bio major. THe one problem that I see now tho- is that I underestimated the bio section. I figured since I was bio major and loved the subject that I didn't need to spend as much time on it as I would say Gen-chem (which I suck at and hate). So I spent lots of time on gen-chem and scored a 320 and underestimated bio- didn't really study- and got a 300. Learn from my mistakes lol.

So do you think the Oat destroyer is beneficial? Since I am a bio major as well and on my first prac kaplan test I got 330 before I did tge Oat destroyer. Alot of people have said that they have scored low on the destroyer but if you understand the solutions you end up doing good on the real OAT? Also if you dont mind me asking how did you do on the oat overall?

So do you think the Oat destroyer is beneficial? Since I am a bio major as well and on my first prac kaplan test I got 330 before I did tge Oat destroyer. Alot of people have said that they have scored low on the destroyer but if you understand the solutions you end up doing good on the real OAT? Also if you dont mind me asking how did you do on the oat overall?
I think it is yes- when you get answers wrong you are more likely to remember why- and it tends to stick better. Even though you might be getting discouraged with your scores using destroyer, I would say to keep pulling through. It offered a great review for me (even though I under-preformed on test day). I would recommend taking a look at what topics in bio you seem to be repeatedly getting wrong and focusing on those- for example I was constantly losing points on ecology- so I spent a little more time studying that versus genetics. I think that using any tools to study bio will help you for the OAT- even reviewing your old class notes hepls! The OAT asks very broad questions- they don't care about the smallest details; especially for physics and bio- it just becomes a matter of going through lots of material to hit all those subjects- and having good time management skills on test day. (I did not score AT ALL where I wanted to for mine - and I would not say I am necessarily an unintelligent person as I maintain a 3.9 GPA. Buuuuut nonetheless timing and anxiety and crappy QR scores left me with a 310 lol. It is what it is for me haha. :) Best of luck to you- I'm sure you will rock it!!! Let me know how your OAT goes!