OAT destroyer

asa5

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be taking the OATs in 3+ weeks, date not yet fixed.

Just wondering what are some good tips to approach the destroyer text because there are loads of questions (I have not received the book yet). For people who have used it, per day what would be a good number of questions to do for each section, and hours they spent?

I am taking it over so i am kind of freaking out since i do not want to end up doing worse:scared:

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I only got the Organic Odessey destroyer...about 1.5 inch thick, so the questions might be different from the OAT destroyer(heard that the organic part for OAT destroyer is much thinner, like 150-200 ques) but nevertheless, do all the SN1,SN2, E1,E2 problems, I remember there were 4-5 questions on those, and 1 or 2 problem came straight outta the destroyer. And don't worry about nomenclature, there was 1 ques only on my version. And know your orgo 1 reagents to make alkane, alkene, alkyne, and configerations (R or S)! Dont worry about sugars or proteins, didnt see any on my version

For physics OAT destroyer, do all the way until you see circuit diagrams (do these too), thats what I did on the night before the test, and got a 370 on the section, and also review basic concepts, like in order for work to be done it has to be parallel to the direction of motion, and its opposite for magnetic force, the mag field and direction of where charge is going gotta be perpendicular, what acceleration, and deceleration means, as in how does the acc and velocity vectors look like for both, what forces act on a block on a incline, etc
and know your units!!!

if you have 3+ weeks and your studying hard for it during all 3 weeks, you can surely finish the destroyer. i would recommend doing all the problems... do as many as you can stand each day. haha or, i actually did around 50-100 questions per day including correcting the ones with wrong answers. then, i redid the questions over again. so yea, i think its totally doable ! good luck :)

Get the number of questions per each section of the Destroyer, and divide it by the number of days you have to study. Simple as that.

For me, I had less than a week, so that meant doing nearly 160 problems a day :p