OAT equations.

Jonbrout

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this is just sort of a rant...but, does the OAT provide you with any random equation you may need to know for the problems. I've been working through the Destroyer for about a month now and for the life of me I am not sure I can remember all of these equations. BRB i forgot the potential energy of a spring equation...brb missing all the points on this question....It just seems kind of ridiculous. Any thoughts on this? Thanks for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

So this is just sort of a rant...but, does the OAT provide you with any random equation you may need to know for the problems. I've been working through the Destroyer for about a month now and for the life of me I am not sure I can remember all of these equations. BRB i forgot the potential energy of a spring equation...brb missing all the points on this question....It just seems kind of ridiculous. Any thoughts on this? Thanks for your time.

No equations at all that I recall. Remember that there will be no calculator for the physics section, only in the QR. So...that should somewhat narrow down the extent of formulas you need to know. Understanding the concept behind a formula will be far more helpful than flat memorizing it...in some cases.

Or you can just use some calculus and derive the equation right there.

Make an equation sheet. Write it out 2 times a day or so. Write it out during break. Chances are you won't need to use most of it but it will give you a peace of mind. There are some that are deemed as "common" (ie. kinematics, torque stuff etc) so know those for sure if you can't memorize most.