OAT Exam

Started by melvin220
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

melvin220

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Pre-optometry community. I took the OAT exam already twice and every time I've taken it I have done poorly. I paid and took the Kaplan course for it but looks like it didn't help me out too much. I'm asking if the community knows about any private tutors for the OATs or other supplemental books or studies I can use to help me passed the test with at least a 310. To add more info I'm located in the Boston area. Thanks.
 
I really liked using Chad's Videos. I paid $25 for 30 days worth of access to quizzes and explanations on all components of the OAT.
 
Hello Pre-optometry community. I took the OAT exam already twice and every time I've taken it I have done poorly. I paid and took the Kaplan course for it but looks like it didn't help me out too much. I'm asking if the community knows about any private tutors for the OATs or other supplemental books or studies I can use to help me passed the test with at least a 310. To add more info I'm located in the Boston area. Thanks.
I agree with the previous post. Chads videos is a huge help! I got a 300 on my AA score the first time and along with 290 on my total science. The second time I took it after using chads videos I scored a 320 on both of these and got interviews soon after.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Chads videos can be found on the coursesaver website. I don't remember what the monthly fee... I think $25-50 per month for access to all OAT materials. Well worth the money and is much cheaper than Kaplan for instance. I can't say much about cracking OAT. I also tried OAT destroy ( book with whole bunch of problems ) but it's pretty useless unless you review the material before you attempt doing the problems.
 
yes,Good luck with the exam and applications.thanks
6ik4Ah
 
I highly recommend the OAT destroyer books by Dr. Romano. These are truly worth the investment. For example, I got perfect scores in general chemistry and organic chem simply by doing the questions in the destroyer books ( it over prepared me for the actual OAT exam I think). His biology questions were also good ( I got a 350 in bio) as well as his math destroyer book.