May 25, 2010
Status
First off, I like to thank everyone that took the time to write up their OAT experience. Even though I may not have responded in the thread, they were very useful.

I used the Kaplan online course for my mean of studying. I just basically read and do practice questions. I felt nervous about how I would do, even considered postponing the test for the second time (which may have helped with my RC score).

BIO , CHEM, and OCHEM is straightforward. If you studied, know the general concepts and definitions, you'll be fine.

Reading COMP - I didn't do well, why? because I didn't practice enough. ( I actually thought I did well, but I failed to comprehend :])

Break Period - This time would have been very useful to write down or derive some triangles for the Quantitative Reasoning.

PHYSICS: many of the questions appear hard at first, but at a second look, I realized it was much simpler than it looks. I strongly advise to use pick a random answer, MARK, and move on if you couldn't figure the answer on your first try (pick an answer just in case you run out of time to review).

QA: Just keep practicing problems. Questions that appeared on here appear on any QA prep guide. I was able to recognize the problem, but I never tried it out before, and there isn't really time to think it out.

]

Overall, whatever I studied for, I did well (Even though I didn't feel confident going into the test). Whatever I didn't, showed. Markers are bad, erasers are bad.

Last edited:

jc812

10+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2006
Status
Optometry Student
You did well, and your overall scores are great! I hope you get into school.. though your RC score may come to haunt you..

are you thinking about retaking?

OP
Z
May 25, 2010
Status
You did well, and your overall scores are great! I hope you get into school.. though your RC score may come to haunt you..

are you thinking about retaking?
Thanks. I am not planning to retake it; I believe the schools I applied to are satisfied with my scores aside from my reading comprehension. I have emailed them and their feedbacks suggested that I was fine.