Oat Experience 2018

Pre-Opto

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I took my OAT today and I have used these forms for guidance throughout my journey so I wanted to give back! My spring term ended mid-June and I was pretty exhausted with finals so I took a week off just to relax and attend my cousin’s wedding. Last week of June I started working on my personal statement and application. I was working on my app and studying for the OAT on and off until I submitted my application on July 10th. From July 10th till the day of my OAT, July 30th, I studied everyday for 10 hours. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS. The amount of stress I went through these past couple of days was so rough. I used Chad’s videos and the big Kaplan blue book to study. I went through every video and quiz on Chad’s website for physics, chem, and ochem. I used the blue book for biology. The previous school year I took biochemistry and physics so the information was pretty fresh. For the first 10 days I went through all the videos and the last 10 days I did practice exams.

Kaplan Diagnostic:
Bio: 270
Chem: 240
Ochem: 200 (literally pressed random answers cause I didn’t know anything)
RC: 300
Phy: 300
QR: 280

Kaplan Full Test #1:
Bio: 320
Chem: 290
Ochem: 300
Phy: 270
RC: 200
QR: 320

Free Kaplan Test:
Chem: 320
Phy: 310
RC: 240
QR: 340

After this test I did a lot of practice problems that Kaplan offers. Although my scores were not good I was consistently learning new material. I decided to commit to raising my science scores so I did 2 practice tests with just total science sections that Kaplan offers.

Natural Sciences Section Test A:
Ochem: 330

Natural Sciences Section Test B:

So my scores were not that great but I continued to do practice problems till test day.

Oat scores:
QR: 310
RC: 350
Bio: 340
GC: 350
OC: 350
Phy: 340
TS: 350
AA: 340

My scores improved a lot in the week I just did practice problems. So if your practice tests are not where you want them to be, continue to do practice problems and continue to learn. This journey is really tough but stay motivated and pull through!! LMK if you guys have any questions!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user