OAT expiration at SCO, SCCO and Pacific

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by gsinccom, Nov 18, 2005.

1. gsinccom

7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    anyone know how recently the OAT must have been taken to get into one of these schools or any others? thank you - also if you are applying, attending or graduated from one of these three schools please see my question in the Nova vs. PCO thread - thanks again.

2. JC1984

JC1984 ICO Class of 2010
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    Wrote my OAT Feb 2004. Good for ICO, PCO and SCCO.

I think some schools don't care how long ago you wrote the OAT and others have to be within the last 2 years (i.e. entering class 2006 needs 2004 OAT score latest) unfortunately I'm not sure which school has which guidelines.. sorry! I THINK it might have been ICO that needed scores within the last 2 years, and SCCO and PCO didn't mention anything about it in their information packages. You should call them and ask!!

3. Canadian26

Canadian26 Member
    5+ Year Member

Im pretty sure it has to be writen in the last 4 years. Anything older than that they dont consider (dont quote me on that, i remember reading it somewhere)

4. ariel winter

ariel winter Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

i have read that OAT scores are only good for 2 years. i'm fairly certain about this for all schools. :)

5. rkl_OD2be

rkl_OD2be UMSL class of 2010
    7+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    Not for SCO:

Quoted from the SCO catalog section of their website: "[OAT] Scores five years old or older are not acceptable."

6. ariel winter

ariel winter Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

ok, yup. i stand corrected. sorry about that. i think 2 years is for most schools then. i am sure i read that somewhere. :thumbup: