• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

gsinccom

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2005
Wasatch Front
Status
Pharmacist
anyone know how recently the OAT must have been taken to get into one of these schools or any others? thank you - also if you are applying, attending or graduated from one of these three schools please see my question in the Nova vs. PCO thread - thanks again.

JC1984

ICO Class of 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2005
Status
Pre-Optometry
gsinccom said:
anyone know how recently the OAT must have been taken to get into one of these schools or any others? thank you - also if you are applying, attending or graduated from one of these three schools please see my question in the Nova vs. PCO thread - thanks again.
Wrote my OAT Feb 2004. Good for ICO, PCO and SCCO.

I think some schools don't care how long ago you wrote the OAT and others have to be within the last 2 years (i.e. entering class 2006 needs 2004 OAT score latest) unfortunately I'm not sure which school has which guidelines.. sorry! I THINK it might have been ICO that needed scores within the last 2 years, and SCCO and PCO didn't mention anything about it in their information packages. You should call them and ask!!

Canadian26

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2005
Status
Im pretty sure it has to be writen in the last 4 years. Anything older than that they dont consider (dont quote me on that, i remember reading it somewhere)

About the Ads

ariel winter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2005
Status
i have read that OAT scores are only good for 2 years. i'm fairly certain about this for all schools. :)

Canadian26 said:
Im pretty sure it has to be writen in the last 4 years. Anything older than that they dont consider (dont quote me on that, i remember reading it somewhere)

rkl_OD2be

UMSL class of 2010
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2005
St. Louis
Status
Optometry Student
ariel winter said:
i have read that OAT scores are only good for 2 years. i'm fairly certain about this for all schools. :)
Not for SCO:

Quoted from the SCO catalog section of their website: "[OAT] Scores five years old or older are not acceptable."

ariel winter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2005
Status
ok, yup. i stand corrected. sorry about that. i think 2 years is for most schools then. i am sure i read that somewhere. :thumbup:

rkl_OD2be said:
Not for SCO:

Quoted from the SCO catalog section of their website: "[OAT] Scores five years old or older are not acceptable."

About the Ads