OAT fee waiver

princesspinknes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!! i'm a newbie to this site. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about the OAT fee waiver...how to get it, etc.. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

princesspinknes said:
Hi!! i'm a newbie to this site. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about the OAT fee waiver...how to get it, etc.. thanks!

Hi there... Here is the information of fee waivers from the Examiee Guide for the OAT.

I copied this information EXACTLY from www.opted.org,
more specifically https://www.ada.org/oat/oat_examinee_guide.pdf

Partial Fee Waivers
Partial fee waivers for the OAT are available to examinees in cases of severe financial hardship. The
waiver is 50% of test fees and includes the fee for the test and the five official transcript reports. There is
the customary charge for all transcripts beyond five.
Fee waivers must be requested in writing by the examinee. A financial information form will be provided to
the examinee. This financial information form should be completed and submitted with the application and
pre-optometry advisor's letter at least two months before the testing date. The Optometry Admission
Testing Program will review all fee waiver requests. The Optometry Admission Testing Program will make
the final decision regarding the fee waiver.
Only a very limited number of fee waivers are available. Fee waivers are granted on a first-come basis to
eligible examinees who have submitted their request with a completed OAT application, completed fee
waiver financial information form and letter from their pre-optometry advisor. Examinees who have
previously received a fee waiver or who have taken the OAT before are not eligible for a fee waiver.

The address and phone number for the OAT Program are below... I imagine they can give you the specifics on where to send your fee waiver request. Best of luck to you!!!

Optometry Admission Testing Program
211 East Chicago Avenue, 6th Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60611-2678
1-800-232-2159