OAT feedback

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Xine15

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Thanks for the nice wishes in that previous post!

I just finished the OAT (yay!) and yowzers -the whole thing seemed really easy up until the QRT section! I am not bad at math either but...jeez....that thing is pushed for time. Did anyone actually finish that one without guessing/randomly filling in answers at the end??

Do schools look at each individual test or just the overall score?

Feeling very calculator dependent......

:(

Members don't see this ad.

Hey!

I agree. I found all the sections manageable except QRT. But then again I started prepping yesterday... so wasn't exactly prepared for anything.

I guessed a fair bit in QRT. hope the scaling doesn't kill me.

Cheers.

Hey guys! Soooooooo glad it's done!!!:D :cool:
Ya, I felt the same way about the exam... and going in, I thought that QRT would be my strongest section. I was really pressed for time... that "five minutes to go" warning seemed like a cruel joke... i don't think very many people at my test centre finished it without guessing on at least a couple at the end. I feel really bad for the girl whose nose just started bleeding all of a sudden, but wasn't allowed to leave the room... that musta been tough.
Oh well... IT'S OVER!! That's the important thing.

silverandblack

Members don't see this ad :)
I had the same problem/feelings when taking the OAT. I felt as though it was impossible to finish the QRT section!!

Just my two cents :cool:

Oh get this: I check out the PCAT (Pharmacy College Admission Test) and guess how their quantitative section goes:

40 items in 45 minutes!!!!:smuggrin:

how fair is that?

sorry, i had to mention that cuz it seems the boys and girls who writing the OAT are wasting time giving that 25 minutes of stupid pre-testing section and tell you to "take it seriously cuz it's gonna effect future test takers"..... when they could have given us those extra minutes for the quantitative section and/or reading section.

anyway, hope you all did well :cool:

I agree. the QRT section was really pushed for time. I ended up with a huge column of C's for the last 10-15 answers cuz I didn't have time to finish! But I heard a lot of people didn't finish it either. So if we're all in the same boat, it's ok cuz the scores get normalized. My boyfriend wrote the OAT 2 yrs ago and didn't finish the QRT section either. He's now at PCO :)

So no worries guys! It's over and we can just hope for the best!

I took a different approach to it. if i spent any time longer than like 1 minute, i skipped the question. some towards the end were easier, so i guess it made up for it.

In the end I didn't run out of time per say, but ran out of answers. Mah well, my buddy who wrote the test didn't get past #25, so I guess I faired better.

just for all of you to know! (b/c I dont want to leave anyone out)
when I took the OAT this year and they passed out the math section that didnt count...guess what I did?

I filled in all "C"s in my answer grid (BECAUES THAT SECTION DOES NOT GET SCORED) and spent the rest of my time writing down math formulas, sin & cosin stuff, just to get my mind on math THAT COUNTS !! I really dont know why they make us take a math section that wont get scored.....

:oops:

Originally posted by anothertony
just for all of you to know! (b/c I dont want to leave anyone out)
when I took the OAT this year and they passed out the math section that didnt count...guess what I did?

I filled in all "C"s in my answer grid (BECAUES THAT SECTION DOES NOT GET SCORED) and spent the rest of my time writing down math formulas, sin & cosin stuff, just to get my mind on math THAT COUNTS !! I really dont know why they make us take a math section that wont get scored.....

:oops:

well, but not everybody gets a math section. When I took it, it varied which section you go. I had biology.

Anyone know when we get to find out our OAT scores?

I took the OAT last February and got the results at the very end of March

:)