OAT/GPA Breakdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kb4mvp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering what my chances were with a 3.0 GPA, 360 TS and 350 AA. My lowest score on the OAT was a 300 on the Reading Comprehension.

I'm hoping to get into SCCO in the fall of 2011. Any input would be very valuable. Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you have a good chance. Your OAT's are great and SCCO asks that you at least score a 300 in RC. Your GPA is a little low, but your OAT scores should offset that. Depending on your shadowing/volunteering, I think you have a good shot.

Members don't see this ad :)
good job on your OAT! :D

the only advice i have for you is make sure you have shadowing experience. it was definitely a topic during my interview. they wanted me to compare my experience working at lenscrafters (corporate) and at a private office.

also, just a heads up... my gpa is around yours and they basically asked me what happened and why i got the grades that i did. :(

good luck!

thanks for the help guys.

I took a kaplan class for the OAT but that wasn't too helpful. I just pretty much studied an entire summer prior to the test. not much else that i can say that i did.