OAT HELP

Ms2020

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the OAT in a couple of months (haven’t set a date yet) because I wanted to ask for advice on how to study for it for a person who took all the subjects years ago and basically has to learn everything again. I heard chads videos is helpful. Is the Kaplan self paced course a good option also? I need a higher score to make up for my lower gpa while in undergrad and hopefully that will make me a better applicant for this cycle. Thank you for any help it is very much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I find Chad's videos to be great, especially for organic chem! I took all of the subjects early in my degree too, and I found that having him verbally explain the subjects works well in comparison to reading the Kaplan chapters in the book.

I used Chad's physics and the Destroyer books (org, gen chem, bio, physics, and math were all included). It wasn't too expensive and it was extremely helpful. I got a 380 and 400 total science. Good Luck!

If you don't want to spend a boat load of money on Kaplan, I recommend Bootcamp. You can choose your pace, and it will set a guide for you. I did the 62 day plan. I used DAT Bootcamp mainly for gen chem, ochem, and QR. Very helpful. For practice physics tests, I also used bootcamp. Highly recommend Dr. Romano's bio notes! Read through it a few times if possible (I only read through it once but still scored a 330, so multiple reads would definitely boost your score). OAT destroyer problems are much harder than what you will see on the test, but it is good practice if you can do those problems. Chad's videos were a must for physics!

My scores:
Bio/RC/QR/Phys/Gchem/Ochem/AA/TS
330/350/320/330/360/400/350/360

Good luck!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I used Chad’s videos, DAT bootcamp, and DAT condensed bio notes! Also problems from destroyer, but I don’t think that was necessary. 320AA/320TS

I have a lower GPA than I would have liked, and really wanted to make up for it on the OAT. Not the strongest performer when it comes to science exams, so I was quite nervous. Used DAT Bootcamp for three months and couldn't recommend it enough! Dr. Mike's organic & general videos were a lifesaver to help me completely relearn old concepts. I think they just updated their physics section, but I supplemented their questions with the Coursesaver OAT physics pack, which I think is only $20/month.

Bootcamp was more cost-effective than any other program I had come across, and is absolutely all you need if you don't feel the need for extra physics help. If you do choose to use Chad's videos, I would definitely recommend paying for his coursesaver OAT course. The free videos are more than you need and don't provide you with practice questions or the print-outs to follow along.

I scored 350/350, best of luck!