OAT Kaplan online course content

hopestogetinopt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently taking the online Kaplan Oat course to help me study for the test but I am overwhelmed with all the information and I wanted to ask what areas I should be focusing on. The narrated lectures go over different topics from the workshop lessons (not to mention not in as much detail as I hoped). The workshop lessons look a little more helpful but they are long and detailed so I don't know exactly how to study these lessons. should i be memorizing every little fact? Are these workshop lessons even relevant to the actual test? For instance, does the actual test ask questions about the different biomes and their characteristics?

These lectures, lessons, and huge review book are great sources but its just so much stuff to re-learn/memorize so I just need some tips on how to utilize all this. I took most of my prereqs a few years ago, so i have to basically teach myself everything all over again. Should I go through every chapter in the review book and re-learn everything first then refer to the lectures/lessons? Please help! I am so scared of this test!:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I am currently taking the online Kaplan Oat course to help me study for the test but I am overwhelmed with all the information and I wanted to ask what areas I should be focusing on. The narrated lectures go over different topics from the workshop lessons (not to mention not in as much detail as I hoped). The workshop lessons look a little more helpful but they are long and detailed so I don't know exactly how to study these lessons. should i be memorizing every little fact? Are these workshop lessons even relevant to the actual test? For instance, does the actual test ask questions about the different biomes and their characteristics?

These lectures, lessons, and huge review book are great sources but its just so much stuff to re-learn/memorize so I just need some tips on how to utilize all this. I took most of my prereqs a few years ago, so i have to basically teach myself everything all over again. Should I go through every chapter in the review book and re-learn everything first then refer to the lectures/lessons? Please help! I am so scared of this test!:scared:

yeah it's pretty much as hard as it appears to be. so, study several hours every single day. some people knocked each section out one by one. me? i went over them in rounds. 3 topics per day, then rotate.

as for biomes, i personally did not have a biome question. however, the test is pulling from a large question pool. if you get lucky, they won't generate a biome question. if you don't, well, that's just a roll of the dice.

I'm using the same resources. I'm trying to go through everything, but not spending too much time on each. I read the review book first and then go online and do the online stuff too see if I retained it, then do the workshops and quizzes for detail stuff.

It's time consuming I know. I don't know if there is a way around it...

I see a lot of people referring to the opted test. where can i find this opted sample test? is a full length test?