OAT noob questions

SadPanda

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if these questions are dumb. I just wanted to know how long does it take to registar and be confirmed for an OAT (instant online? or paper?) and can it be taken any day of the week? or is it like the MCAT where only certain days are sectioned for the test. Also, how long til the results come back? From looking on the forum it seems like instant. If someone could help me with these questions that would be great. Ty

Members don't see this ad.

It takes about 1-2 weeks from the registration online until you can call to schedule a date. They say you may have to schedule up to 90 days away, but for me I was able to schedule it just a few weeks away. You can take it any day the test center is open, and the results come up as soon as you finish the test.

hi sadpanda :( haha.. funny name.

anyway, those arn't dumb questions.

After registering to take the OATs from the opted webpage, you'll have to wait 4-5 days (or is it a week...) for a letter to arrive with a code that allows you to register for the OATs via Thompson prometric webpage. Once you have your code, go to the Thompson testing website and select a date and time for your test.

Depending on your testing center, you should be able to sign up for any day of the week except for Sundays. The times are usually 9 or 11 (i recommend earlier) so you'll get out before 1:30p. Im not sure about how many days ahead you'll need to sign up prior to the test, so the earlier the better you can always change it within 48 hours of the test date (or is it 24 hours...) for a $10 charge.

Yes. you will get your scores on your screen right after the last question on the QR section. you'll see "gathering data" or something similiar, and that's when you get really, really nervous. If you studied hard u'll most likely see favorable scores; you'll then get a copy of your score report, and go home happy.

g'luck :thumbup: